AFP International Advanced Diploma in Fundraising (IADF)
Looking for education that will help you create an organizational environment for fundraising success? The International Advanced Diploma in Fundraising (IADF) is a rigorous masters-level qualification designed to do just that.
With AFP's International Advanced Diploma in Fundraising, you will:
- Learn about cutting edge academic fundraising theory and research.
- Learn how to create the institutional environment that enables fundraising to flourish, leading to dramatically increased fundraising revenue and impact.
- Enjoy networking opportunities with fellow students and esteemed faculty including Professors Adrian Sargeant, Jen Shang, and Simone Joyaux.
- Earn 45 CFRE continuing education points.
Also read why Simone Joyaux, ACFRE, thinks you should take this course!
"My Experience with the International Advanced Diploma on Fundraising—I Chose to be a Guinea Pig, But Why!?" by Simone Joyaux, ACFRE. Simone's advice: Don’t wait until you are an "advanced fundraiser"—do it NOW! She wishes she had.
** See below for current registration opportunities. **
- Intensive, 600-hour, 12-month course
- International curriculum developed in conjunction with the Institute of Fundraising and the European Fundraising Association.
- Blended learning with both online/distance learning and two mandatory 3-day face-to-face teaching blocks. (Travel arrangements and expenses are the responsibility of participants.)
- The course is intended for advanced fundraising professionals with comprehensive knowledge of all major forms of fundraising. Note that the IADF course does *not* teach fundraising.
- Module 1: Developing a Stakeholder Focused Organization
- Module 2: Integrated Marketing Communications
- Module 3: Strategic Fundraising Management
- Module 4: Developing a Philanthropic Society
Course Pre-Requisites, Knowledge Audit, and Student Handbook
The course is intended for advanced fundraising professionals who already possess comprehensive knowledge of all major forms of fundraising. The course does not teach fundraising, but rather how to create the institutional environment in which fundraising can flourish.
So, all prospective students must submit their CV and complete a Knowledge Audit prior to admittance to the course, to help assess their readiness for the challenge.
Click for the IADF Student Handbook, which outlines course modules, assignments, guidelines and expectations, etc.
- AFP Members - US$ 6,499
- Non-Members - US$ 6,999
- A payment plan is available. See the registration page for details.
Note: Course fees do not include the course textbook or any travel expenses related to the mandatory face-to-face sessions. Arrangements and related expenses are the responsibility of participants.
• 2016 Cohort -- Runs April 2016 - March 2017. Cohort is underway and registration is closed.
• 2017 Cohort -- Runs April 2017 - March 2018. Click for the basic course schedule.
• Note: Mandatory face-to-face teaching blocks are held at AFP IHQ's offices located at 4300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 300, Arlington, Virginia 22203, just outside of Washington, DC. Here's a list of nearby hotels.
How to Apply / Course Registration
Prospective students should follow these steps:
- Submit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) for review by the course director. Email the CV as a PDF or DOC attachment to email@example.com, with subject line "Interested in IADF."
- Complete the Knowledge Audit and submit your answers for additional review. Email as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line "IADF Knowledge Audit." You may wish to wait to complete the Knowledge Audit until after you hear back from the course director about your CV.
- AFP staff will notify you about the assessment of your CV and Knowledge Audit. The entire process may take several weeks.
- Register for the IADF course and pay the registration fee (payment plan is available). You are welcome to register early, but admittance to the course is dependent upon passing the course director's review of your CV and Knowledge Audit. In the event you register and your CV and/or Knowledge Audit is deemed not satisfactory, AFP will fully refund you.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.