CFRE Testing: 2006 Schedule, New Computerized Process Available
(Oct. 10, 2005) CFRE International, the organization that manages the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credentialing program, has released its 2006 schedule of international exam dates and locations, as well as its new computer-based testing program.
Beginning in April 2006, applicants for the CFRE will be able to take the exam from any of 300 proctored testing centers across North America during specific three-week windows. Once applicants are approved by CFRE International to take the exam, they can make reservations on their own, either online or via a toll-free telephone number.
The windows of time that applicants can take the test in 2006 are:
- April 15-May 2 (applications must be postmarked by Jan. 15)
- June 24-July 15 (applications must be postmarked by March 24)
- Aug. 26-Sept. 16 (applications must be postmarked by May 26)
- Oct. 21-Nov. 11 (applications must be postmarked by July 21)
Currently, applications are always due 90 days before the beginning of the testing window.
Changes to Application Process
Using computer-based testing, applicants will receive preliminary test results before leaving the testing center. These results will be followed up by a detailed score report that breaks down the candidate's performance in each of the six areas covered by the exam.
Additional changes to the application process include:
- Applications postmarked after the deadline will automatically be considered for the next testing window.
- Exam location changes or reservation cancellations must be made at least 72 hours before the current registration or the exam fee is forfeited (see cancellation policy for full details).
- Candidates do not need to declare testing location at the time of application, only desired testing window.
- Candidates will very likely be testing with other individuals taking any number of other professional certification or licensure exams.
- There will be increased security measures on-site at the testing centers. Candidates authorized to test will be sent details of on-site policies
A complete list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the new computer-based testing program is available on the CFRE International website.
A list of cities where testing centers are located also can be found on the CFRE International website. This list may not be complete and is subject to change. Candidates who are authorized to test will be able to choose from a current, complete list at the time of reservation.
In Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, the exam will continue to be available in a paper-and-pencil format. Exam dates in those countries are listed on the CFRE website.
For more information about the CFRE credential, go to the CFRE website.