AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio
October 13 - 15, 2011
Leadership Academy Quick Links:
- CE Tracker - 2011 Leadership Academy
- 2011 Leadership Academy Evaluation
- 2011 Leadership Academy Handouts
- 2011 Leadership Academy Attendees List
- 2011 Leadership Academy afpmeet mobile site
- 2011 Leadership Academy Agenda and Schedule
- 2011 Leadership Academy "Schedule at a Glance" Education By Day/Time Grid (PDF)
- 2011 Leadership Academy Housing and Travel Information
- Follow the 2011 Leadership Academy on Twitter!
Leadership Academy Orientation Call - September 27, 2011
The PowerPoint slides and the call recording are now available for download.
2011 Leadership Academy Details:
The 2011 Leadership Academy: La Clé* to Leadership
*That's "Key" for all you non-Québécois – Bienvenue à Montréal!
Join your colleagues in picturesque Montreal for engaging educational sessions, exciting plenary speakers, and networking and idea swapping October 13 - October 15, 2011 at the 2011 AFP Leadership Academy!
Please remember to ensure you have a valid passport. Details on how to renew or acquire a passport can be found here.
The 2011 Leadership Academy is open to all AFP volunteer leaders at the chapter and international level. Each chapter is required to send one representative, typically the president or president-elect, and we encourage upcoming leaders within chapters to come as well.
- Plan to arrive in time to attend Chapter Management 101: What You Need to Know about Running Your Chapter, starting at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday. This interactive training session will cover all the must-know information you need to effectively lead your chapter and will offer invaluable time to meet with fellow chapter leaders.
- Then, at 1:00 p.m., the conference officially kicks off with the Opening Plenary, ‘Fired Up Leadership,' from author and speaker Carol Anderson.
- The Chapter Presidents' Council voting will take place Friday afternoon and the Leadership Academy will officially conclude at noon on Saturday.
During your time at Leadership Academy, you'll attend dynamic sessions applicable to leadership not just of your chapter, but for your own organizations as well. Meet fellow AFP leaders with diverse backgrounds and experiences, and learn from one another in and out of the formal sessions.
Who: Chapter presidents, president-elect, administrators and upcoming chapter leaders
What: Education and networking designed to improve your leadership skills and enhance your career
Where: Hyatt Regency Montreal
When: Leadership Academy officially kicks off at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, October 13 and ends Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011.
Why: This is your chance to meet other chapter leaders from around the globe, strengthen your skills and effectively lead your chapter (plus it's a required meeting!)
How: Registration is only $150 for the entire event.
Lodging: The AFP room blocks are offically sold out.
Hyatt Regency Montreal
Delta Centre-Ville Hotel
Additional Information: For more information, contact us at email@example.com or 800-666-3863.
NEW! Friday Night Outing – A Night at the Museum
We are pleased to offer Leadership Academy attendees the opportunity to attend a networking reception, and receive an exclusive guided tour, at the Pointe-à-Callière: Montréal Museum of Archeology and History , "the site which gave birth to Montréal," in the beautiful and historic Old Port.
When: Friday, October 14, 2011, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
*First bus leaves at 6:15 p.m. and the last bus back to Leadership Academy hotel leaves at 8:40 p.m.
Where: Pointe-à-Callière: Montréal Museum of Archeology and History
- Transportation to and from the museum*
- Unlimited beer, wine, mineral water and soda
- Light appetizers
- An optional guided tour at 7:15 p.m. that will take you on an authentic archaeological tour from the 14th century, when Natives camped on the site, right up to the present.
- Cutting-edge technology and a multimedia show bring Montréal's past to life in a whole new light.
Registration is now CLOSED for this event! There will be no onsite registration. We will provide a sell/buy ticket sign-up sheet at registration for those who are either trying to sell or purchase a ticket for this event.
The 2011 Leadership Academy is Presented by
AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio AFP Leadership Academy - Presented by Convio
Related AFP ResourcesBoosting Fundraising Skills with Assessments and Training
Stick With Us—We’ll Carry You Through Your Entire Fundraising Career!
Ottawa Fundraiser Leah Eustace Earns Highest Professional Fundraising Credential from AFP
Fundraising & Finance – They Go Together Like Milk & Cookies
Three Things Every Fundraising Professional Should Be Prepared for in 2013