AFP's Fundraising Principles and Practice Education Course
You're a fundraiser and you know the fundamentals now—but you need to take that next step. Don't just settle for fundraising as your job, make it your CAREER. If you are hungry for that management role or that professional credential, stop putting off your continuing education—REGISTER NOW for AFP's Fundraising Principles and Practice education course (see below for current registration opportunities).
With AFP's Fundraising Principles and Practice, you will:
- Learn theories, skills, and best practices that build on your existing knowledge, and help make your fundraising more effective, advance your career, and prepare you to take on leadership roles. If you don't already have your CFRE credential, this course will help you prepare.
- Create an actual comprehensive fundraising plan to implement at your own organization.
- Enjoy networking opportunities with fellow students and esteemed course faculty including Professors Adrian Sargeant and Stephen Pidgeon.
- Earn CFRE education points (24 total points).
** See below for current registration opportunities. **
• 2017 Cohort #2 -- Registration is now closed (click for 2017 Cohort #2 Schedule). Next cohort tentatively scheduled for Spring 2018, stay tuned for details. Interested in the next cohort? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inaugural Cohort -- August 2016
"I absolutely loved the program. I learned an immense amount about fundraising best practices based on fundraising research literature, which I wasn't even aware existed until this course. The course required that we assemble a full fundraising audit and plan which has been exceedingly helpful in my current position, even leading to my promotion to Development Manager. Adrian Sargeant is a superb instructor and really challenges students to use data/research to back up fundraising practice, which I greatly appreciate as a former biologist. I could not have asked for a better program. I would certainly recommend the course to colleagues."
Megan Mitzelfelt, Ph.D.
The American Physiological Society
- Intensive, 400-hour, 9-month education course--with assignments and a final assessment and grade at the end.
- Blended learning with both online modules and one mandatory 3-day face-to-face session. (Travel arrangements and expenses are responsibility of participants.)
- Intended for early to mid-career professionals with at least basic understanding of fundraising principles.
- Upon successful completion, students will receive 24 CFRE education points and a printed certificate signifying successful completion of the course.
- Introduction to Fundraising and Donor Behavior
- Fundraising Planning and Donor Retention
- Direct and Interactive Marketing for Fundraising
- Major Gifts and Planned Giving (Legacies)
- Institutional Fundraising
- Managing Fundraising Teams
Course Handbook and FAQ
You may use the 1st edition of the book, but note the 2nd edition has more management content. (1st edition is available from AFP's online store as well as Amazon and Wiley.)
- AFP Members - US$ 3,499
- Non-Members - US$ 3,999
- Payment plans are available. See the registration page for details.
Note: Course fees do not include the course textbook or any travel expenses related to the mandatory 3-day face-to-face session. Arrangements and related expenses are the responsibility of participants.
Course Schedules and Registration
• 2017 Cohort #1 -- Runs March - December 2017. Cohort is underway and registration is closed.
• 2017 Cohort #2 -- Runs August 2017 - May 2018. Cohort is underway and registration is closed. (click for 2017 Cohort #2 Schedule).
Mandatory face-to-face sessions are held at AFP IHQ's offices located at 4300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 300, Arlington, Virginia 22203, just outside of Washington, DC. Here's a list of nearby hotels.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.