AFP Emerging Fundraisers Academy
The Emerging Fundraiser Academy was June 2 – 4, 2016, at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Palace Hotel in Orlando, Florida.
The Power of Storytelling - Ty Bennett
Passion, Impact, Legacy: A Professional Fundraiser’s Journey - Grant Martin
Back to the Future - Valerie Mardle
Deliberate vs Accidental Fundraiser: The Art & Science of Managing Donor Relationships - Birgit Smith Burton
Careers & My Journey - Karen Revels
Network with other conference attendees before, during, and after the conference.
- Participants will explore current trends in philanthropy and the multiple dimensions and opportunities for leadership roles within the nonprofit sector.
- Participants will engage in structured learning opportunities and learn about principles of effective management and ethical fundraising.
- Participants will examine best practices in traditional fundraising methods, and emerging trends in giving and fundraising approaches.
- Participants will gain Career Development knowledge to help kick start their career after graduation
- Faculty Advisors will learn effective Chapter Management practices through networking and learning from their colleagues and AFP Staff.
To encourage students continuing commitment to a career in the nonprofit sector as the next generation of leaders and professional fundraisers who will build the capacity of philanthropy.
The Academy will create a model for collaborative education, leadership training and structured networking opportunities and a mentoring module for a prospective cadre of fundraising professionals that would serve the growing needs of the philanthropic community.
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Palace Hotel
1850 Hotel Plaza Blvd
Orlando, FL 32830