AFP Leadership Academy
Puerto Rico, October 23-25, 2014
In its eighth year, the 2014 Leadership Academy is an opportunity for you to enrich your career and enhance your leadership skills. We'll inspire you to reach new heights with AFP and within the profession, while engaging with other AFP members. Leadership Academy is a members-only event and a benefit for leaders within the AFP community. We look forward to seeing you in Puerto Rico!
Questions? Please contact email@example.com!
The 2014 AFP Leadership Academy is sponsored by RelSci.
- Chapter Management 101 Handout (PDF): Part 1 | Part 2 | Powerpoint
- Chapter Management 201 Handout (PDF): Part 1 | Part 2 | Powerpoint
- Chapter Membership Marketing Plan (PDF)
- Chapter Administrator Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Chapter Administrator Meeting Slides (PPT)
- Strategic Conversations: Professional Advancement Chairs (PPT)
- Learning Agility in Action: Applying Agility for Yourself and Your Organization (PPT)
- Great Fundraising - Adrian Sargeant (PPT)
- Creating a Roadmap for Inclusion - Tracy Brown (PPT)
- It's All About Who You Know: Harnessing Connectors and Relationship Mapping for Fundraising Success - Brett Eaglstein, Relationship Science (PPT)
Other Key Materials
- Login Cheat Sheet (PDF)
- 2014 Leadership Academy LinkedIn Group
- BE the CAUSE Campaign Toolkit (U.S. Chapters)
Leadership Academy Info Links:
- Register Now!
- Attendee List
- Full Schedule
- Housing Information
- Hashtag: #AFPLeadership | Follow @AFPIHQ on Twitter and Instragram!
- Like-Size Chapter Groupings
- Past Leadership Academy Handouts: 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009
Thursday, October 23, 2014
7:30 am - 5:00 pm - Registration
8:30 – 11:30 am - Chapter Management 101
8:30 – 11:30 am - Chapter Management 201
(recommended for current presidents, presidents-elect and administrators)
1:00 – 2:30 pm - Leadership Academy Opening Plenary: Alan Clayton
2:45 – 3:45 pm - Membership Plenary
4:00 – 5:15 pm- Chapter Presidents’ Council Meeting
4:00 – 5:15 pm - Chapter Administrator Meeting
5:30 – 6:30 pm - Networking Reception
Friday, October 24, 2014
7:30 am - 5:00 pm - Registration
8:30 – 9:30 am - AFP Foundation for Philanthropy Plenary
9:45 – 11:00 am - Education Sessions
11:15 am – 12:15 pm - Professional Advancement Plenary
12:15 – 1:15 pm - Networking Lunch
12:15 – 1:15 pm - Chapter Administrator Lunch
1:30 – 2:45 pm - Education Sessions
3:00 – 4:00 pm - Communications/Marketing Plenary
4:15 – 5:30 pm - CPC/Voting Meeting
4:15 – 5:30 pm - Chapter Administrator Meeting
5:30 – 6:30 pm - AFP PAC Reception
6:00 – 9:00 pm - Friday Night Out in Old San Juan
Saturday, October 25, 2014
7:30 am - 12:00 pm - Registration
8:30– 10:15 am - Breakfast/Like Size Chapter Meetings
10:30 am – 12:00 pm Closing General Session: Emmett D. Carson, Ph.D.
Hotel & Transportation
The Rio Mar Wyndham is sold out!
AFP recommends booking a room at the Gran Melina Resort. This resort is near the event and offers a comparable hotel rate: Gran Melina Resort Reservations
When you arrive at San Juan Airport, you can either take a taxi from the airport or reserve a spot on the hotel shuttle using the Shuttle Reservation Form.
See what you missed at the 2013 Pittsburgh Leadership Academy! Make sure to join us in 2014 in Puerto Rico!