AFP Vancouver Island National Philanthropy Day CelebrationNovember 22, 2017
AFP Vancouver Island
National Philanthropy Day Celebration
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
4:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Victoria Conference Centre
AFP Vancouver Island is pleased to welcome our special guest speaker, Kathy LeMay to Victoria!
Kathy LeMay is an internationally-recognized public speaker, philanthropic advisor, global social change fundraiser and published author whose purpose-driven life centers on lifting up the voices, stories, leadership and influence of the women and girls around the world. Kathy speaks about the transformative life; of shifting from success to significance, and putting humanity back into modern philanthropy. She coaches social change innovators and global donors to boldly and unapologetically create the world we know is possible. Kathy's book The Generosity Plan, released by Simon & Schuster and Beyond Words in 2010, aims to put philanthropic power into the hands of regular individuals, families, and communities.
Join us on November 22, and be part of our community's largest celebration of giving!
After the Keynote Address, The National Philanthropy Day Reception and Awards Ceremony will acknowledge the dedication and passion of finalists in the following categories:
- Generosity of Spirit Award, sponsored by The United Way of Greater Victoria
- Outstanding Fundraising Volunteer Award, sponsored by Coast Capital Savings
- Outstanding Philanthropic Service Club Award sponsored by Camosun College
- Corporate Responsibility Award, sponsored by the University of Victoria
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy (5-10 years old), sponsored by the Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy (11 - 18 years old), sponsored by TELUS
Wine and light appetizers will be served.
Individual Ticket - $60
Table of 10 - $575