AFP MO, St. Louis Regional Chapter: NPML at UMSL: Perspectives on Property Tax ExemptionJuly 23, 2014
Presented by Jake Zimmerman
July 23rd, 2014
3:00 to 4:30pm
J.C. Penney Conference Center at UMSL
Recently, issues have arisen with respect to property tax exemptions in St. Louis County. In light of those issues, and as a way to educate the public on broader public policy perspectives related to property tax exemptions, the Public Policy Administration Program, the Nonprofit Management & Leadership Program, and the Local Government Partnership at UMSL are pleased to host a presentation by St. Louis County Assessor Jake Zimmerman.
Mr. Zimmerman will share information and perspectives on topics such as:
- What generally prompts a review of property tax exemptions;
- General concerns held by the Assessor’s office with respect to property tax exemptions;
- Issues and factors considered by the Assessor’s Office in relation to property tax exemptions;
- How the Assessor’s office conducts a review of property tax exemptions, and;
- What organizations that have property tax exemption can and should consider if they want to maintain that property tax exemption.
Mr. Zimmerman will not discuss particular matters or cases pending at this time, but we encourage you to attend this presentation and discussion if you wish to more generally learn about these matters. Even if your property and concerns are not located in St. Louis County, come to this session to gain general insight into how elected officials and governmental staff approach and handle these matters.
This presentation is free to the public, but you must register in order to attend. To register, see here.
For more information about this presentation, or about the NPML Program, contact Dan Sise at email@example.com, or at (314) 516-6378.