AFP DC, Washington D.C. Metro Area Chapter: Fix Your Fundraising by Strengthening Your Infrastructure - CANCELLEDJuly 17, 2014
This event has been cancelled and will be scheduled for later date in the fall 2014.
Fix Your Fundraising by Strengthening Your Infrastructure
Einstein's definition of Genius: “One percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.” This course will cover keeping yourself inspired to do the fantastically important work of fundraising for your nonprofit and practical tips to help you keep perspiration at a minimum. Inspiration—how to keep yourself going in fundraising, why your work is important, and how to keep yourself inspired and motivated. Perspiration—setting your organization up for success: Infrastructure, the role of board, staff and volunteers in fundraising, setting up a fundraising calendar, prioritizing fundraising tasks, using metrics to evaluate success.
Linda Lysakowski, ACFRE will help attendees with:
The inspiration part:
- Keeping inspired to do the work you do
- When it’s time to expand, change careers, consult
The perspiration part:
- Where do you fit into the development program and your organization’s hierarchy
- Do you have the right infrastructure in place?
- Do you have a development plan?
- The role of grant funding in your development plan
- Can board members and volunteers help?
- How to evaluate your success