How to Make a Gift Online to the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy
March 16, 2012
AFP Foundation - US
• Make an online secure gift to the Claudia A. Looney Fund for Ethics in Fundraising.
• Make an online secure gift to the Diversity Scholarships Campaign.
• Make an online secure gift to the 2013 Every Member Campaign.
AFP Foundation - Canada
• Make an online secure gift.
Other Ways to Give:
Mail. Complete and print an Every Member Campaign pledge form and mail to AFP Foundation, 4300 Wilson Blvd., Suite 300, Arlington, VA 22203-4168, or fax to 703-683-0735.
Alpha Society. Join our monthly giving society by submitting the Alpha Society pledge form, including your information for monthly bank drafts or credit card charges. Drafts and charges occur at or around the 20th of each month.
AFP Diversity Scholarship Initiative. In launching the Diversity Scholarships Campaign, the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy invites all AFP members to support diversity within the fundraising profession. Contributions to this campaign will fund scholarships for qualifying candidates to support registration and travel costs to attend the annual AFP International Conference on Fundraising. Learn more.
Stock. For instructions on transferring shares of appreciated stock, please call AFP Foundation at 1-800-666-3863, or click on Contact Us at the bottom of this page to complete our information request form.
Planned Gifts. AFP Foundation accepts gifts through bequests, retirement assets, and life insurance. For more information about this method of giving, please call AFP Foundation at 1-800-666-3863 or click on Contact Us at the bottom of this page to complete our information request form.
Our address and phone:
AFP Foundation for Philanthropy
4300 Wilson Blvd., Suite 300
Arlington, VA 22203-4168
Fax: (703) 683-0735
Donor Recognition Levels
The Foundation's Annual Report recognizes all donors to the previous year's campaign. Below is a breakdown of giving clubs and pledge levels.
- Distinguished Benefactor: $5,000,000+
- Meritorious Benefactor: $1,000,000 - $4,999,999
- Honored Benefactor: $500,000 - $999,999
- Benefactor: $250,000 - $499,999
- Distinguished Patron: $100,000 - $249,999
- Meritorious Patron: $50,000 - $99,999
- Honored Patron: $25,000 - $49,999
- Partner: $10,000 - $24,999
- Patron: $5,000 - $9,999
- Founders' Club: $3,500 - $4,999
- Stewards' Club: $2,000 - $3,499
- President's Club: $1,000 - $1,999
- Platinum Medalist: $750 - $999
- Gold Medalist: $500 - $749
- Sterling Medalist: $250 - $499
- Donor – up to $250
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy maintains its financial records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) on an accrual basis. For accounting purposes:
- Gifts by pledge are recorded as receivable in the year made and become income to the Foundation as they are fulfilled.
- Checks dated no later than December 31 and received at the International Headquarters within a reasonable period of time after December 31 (by January 15) will be accounted for in the campaign period just ended.
- Cash in transit to the International Headquarters within a reasonable period of time after December 31 (received by January 15) will be accounted for in the campaign year just ended.
- Gifts made by transfer of noncash assets are recorded on the date of transfer.