How to Make a Gift to the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy
June 27, 2017
AFP Foundation - US
• Make an online secure gift to the Annual Fund (Be the Cause & International Board Campaigns)
• Make an online secure gift to the Diversity Scholarships Campaign
• Make an online secure gift to the Fundraising Effectiveness - Growth in Giving Index
AFP Foundation - Canada
• Make an online secure gift.
Other Ways to Give:
Mail. Complete and print a Be the Cause Campaign pledge form and mail to AFP Foundation for Philanthropy, 4300 Wilson Blvd., Suite 300, Arlington, VA 22203-4168, or fax to 703-683-0735.
Alpha Society. Join our monthly giving program by submitting the online Alpha Society pledge form, including your information for monthly bank drafts or credit card charges. Drafts and charges occur at or around the 20th of each month.
AFP Diversity Scholarship Initiative. In launching the Diversity Scholarships Campaign, the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy invites all AFP members to support diversity within the fundraising profession. Contributions to this campaign will fund scholarships for qualifying candidates to support registration and travel costs to attend the annual AFP International Conference on Fundraising. Learn more.
Stock. For instructions on transferring shares of appreciated stock, please call AFP Foundation at 1-800-666-3863, or click on Contact Us at the bottom of this page to complete our information request form.
Planned Gifts. AFP Foundation accepts gifts through bequests, retirement assets, and life insurance. For more information about this method of giving, please call AFP Foundation at 1-800-666-3863 or click on Contact Us at the bottom of this page to complete our information request form.
Our address and phone:
AFP Foundation for Philanthropy
4300 Wilson Blvd., Suite 300
Arlington, VA 22203-4168
Fax: (703) 683-0735
Donor Recognition Levels
The Foundation for Philanthropy is proud to recognize all donors for their support. Below is a breakdown of giving clubs.
- Chairman’s Club: $25,000+
- Investors’ Club: $10,000-$24,999
- Founders' Club: $5,000-$9,999
- Steward’s Club: $2,500-$4,999
- President’s Club: $1,000-$2,499
- Ambassador’s Club - Emerald Level: $500-$999
- Ambassador’s Club - Ruby Level: $250-$499
- Ambassador’s Club -Sapphire Level: $100-$249
- Friends of the Foundation: $50 to $99
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy maintains its financial records through a management agreement with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) on an accrual basis. For accounting purposes:
- Gifts by pledge are recorded as receivables in the year made and become income to the Foundation as they are fulfilled.
- Gifts made by transfer of noncash assets are recorded on the date of transfer.
For campaign and donor recognition purposes:
- Credit card, debit card, and check donations made online must be electronically received by midnight, December 31st of the donation year to be credited to the calendar year campaign just ended.
- Check donations via mail must be post-marked by December 31st of the donation year to be credited to the calendar year campaign just ended.
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy follows the most updated IRS regulations regarding contributions, including year-end gifts. For tax deductibility purposes:
- Donations are only tax deductible in the year made.
- Credit card, debit card, and check donations made online must be electronically received by midnight, December 31st of the donation year
° Donations charged to a credit card before the end of the donation year are eligible for tax deduction in that current year, even if the credit card bill isn’t paid until the next year.
Check donations via mail must be post-marked by December 31st of the donation year.
- The check date is not considered to determine tax deductibility.
For a full list of the most current IRS year-end charity donation regulations, you may visit: https://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Tips-from-IRS-for-Year-End-Gifts-to-Charity-1