An Open Letter to All AFP Canada Members
February 10, 2015
Dear AFP Canadian Member:
You have the power to influence the focus and direction of AFP in a very concrete way: by nominating leaders for the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada. We are pleased to serve as the Nominating Committee and hope you will help us do the best possible job for AFP and the profession.
Here is how the nomination process works. You can nominate someone you know who has demonstrated leadership in your region, or as a member of an AFP committee or task force. Or you can nominate yourself if you would like to provide service.
Upon nomination (nomination link), the candidates may receive a letter or a call from the committee asking them for more detailed information on their background.
Please ask individuals to provide a copy of their current resume, and if they would be willing to serve, before suggesting their name.
The deadline for all completed nomination forms is April 6, 2015.
The evaluation criteria includes:
- demonstrated leadership ability
- previous service to AFP, philanthropy and the community locally and/or nationally
- particular leadership needs of the association at the time candidates are being considered
- certification (preferred but not required for nominees)
- diversity (all inclusive)
- type of professional practice
- support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada
- chapter size
- is a current AFP member in good standing (signed the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards and membership is current)
For the year 2015, the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada’s Nominating Committee will determine a slate of directors (representing Western, Prairie, Central, and Eastern regions as well as chapter size). These slates will be made up of returning and new members. The Foundation will also be selecting a chair-elect of the organization.
Thank you in advance for making this process an open search for dedicated and talented leadership for our organization. Please feel free to contact any of the representatives if you have questions. This is an opportunity to make your voice heard.
Pati Greenwood, CFRE
Immediate Past Chair,
AFP Foundation for
Philanthropy - Canada
Foundation Nominating Committee
Pati Greenwood, CFRE - Chair
Scott Decksheimer, CFRE
Leah Eustace, CFRE
Karen Mercier, CFRE
Vivian Ann Smith, CFRE