Foundation Board Selects Leaders for 2008
October 22, 2007
(Oct. 22, 2007) Paul J. Strawhecker, MPA, ACFRE, was elected to serve a second one-year term as chair of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy.
Strawhecker, president of Paul J. Strawhecker Inc. in Omaha, Neb., will lead a board that includes the following officers:
- Chair-Elect: Donald G. Rizzo, CFRE, vice president, institutional advancement, University of Hartford, West Hartford, Ct.
- Vice Chair, Fundraising: Janice Gow Pettey, CFRE, principal, J.G. Pettey & Associates, San Francisco, Calif.
- Secretary/Treasurer: Gary L. Good, CFRE, consultant, Miami, Fla.
“I’m happy to accept a second term and continue the good work Don Taylor provided through the transition of our governance restructure,” said Strawhecker. “My goal is to ensure that the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy continues to remain on strong footing for the future by maintaining our self-sufficiency and expanding our major gifts activity."
The officers will be joined on the board by the following directors:
- Director, Class of 2008: Gary M. Cole, CFRE
- Director, Class of 2009: Laura L. Fike, MA, CFRE
- Directors, Class of 2010: Anthony Alonso, Melinda Conway Callahan, CFRE, Bernadine Douglas, CFRE, Gail L. Freeman, Kevin Foyle, CFRE, Gary L. Good, CFRE, Audrey P. Kintzi, ACFRE, Barbara Larson
The 2007 foundation board met during the Leadership Academy in Lexington, Ky., and approved the following actions:
- Adopted a 2008 operating budget envisioning $1,468,000 in revenues next year.
- Authorized up to $138,800 over three fiscal years to secure new software.
- Amended the goal setting policy for the 2008 Chapter Every Member Campaign (EMC) by creating a procedure for chapters to request that their annual EMC fundraising goal be revised.
Related AFP ResourcesAFP Foundation Announces 2012 Officers and Directors
AFP Foundation Announces 2011 Officers and Directors
Q&A with Rotary Foundation Chair Kalyan Banerjee
Houston Chapter of AFP Leaves Legacy With Nine Planned Gifts to AFP Foundation
AFP eWire Printable Version: April 13, 2009