2008 AFP Canada Call for Nominations
September 6, 2008
September 8, 2008
Dear AFP Canadian Member:
As a Canadian AFP member, you have the power to influence the focus and direction of the Association in a very concrete way--the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada and the AFP Canada Council’s nomination’s process. We are pleased to serve as the chairs of the 2008 Nominating Committees. I hope you will help us do the best possible job for AFP and for the profession.
Here is how the process works. You can nominate someone you know who has demonstrated leadership in your region or as a member of an AFP committee or task force. Or you can nominate yourself if you would like to provide service.
Upon nomination (see the forms included for this purpose), the candidates may receive a letter or a call from the committee asking them for more detailed information on their background. In order to save staff from unnecessary paperwork, we would appreciate your asking individuals to provide a copy of their current resume and ask them if they would be willing to serve before suggesting their name.
The deadline for all completed nomination forms is September 30, 2008.
The evaluation criteria used by both committees includes:
- demonstrated leadership ability
- previous service to AFP, philanthropy and the community locally and/or nationally
- particular leadership needs of the Association at the time candidates are being considered
- certification (preferred but not required for nominees)
- diversity (all inclusive)
- type of professional practice
- support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada
- chapter size
- is a current AFP member in good standing (signed the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards and membership is current)
For the year 2009, the Canada Council’s Nominating Committee will determine a slate of regional representatives (representing Western, Prairie, Ontario, Quebec and Eastern regions as well as chapter size). The Canada Council will also be considering both a Chair and a Chair-Elect position. Should you be interested, please complete the attached questionnaire.
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada’s Nominating Committee will determine a slate of directors (representing Western, Prairie, Central, and Eastern regions and chapter size). These slates will be made up of returning and new members. The Canadian Foundation will also be looking for a Chair-Elect position. Please complete the attached questionnaire should you be interested.
Thank you in advance for making this process an open search for dedicated and talented leadership for our organization. Please feel free to contact any of the representatives of either nominating committee if you have questions. This is an opportunity to make your voice heard.
Senator Terry Mercer, CFRE Krista Thompson, CFRE
Immediate Past Chair, Immediate Past Chair,
AFP Foundation for AFP Canadian Council
Philanthropy - Canada
2. AFP Canada Council Nomination Form — PDF Format, 233828KB
4. AFP Canada Council Chair-Elect Questionnaire — PDF Format, 191168KB
3. AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada Chair-Elect Questionnaire — PDF Format, 191244KB
Related AFP ResourcesQ&A with Rotary Foundation Chair Kalyan Banerjee
Biography: Maretta Emery, CA, CFRE, BA, Chair, AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada
AFP Foundation Announces 2012 Officers and Directors
Houston Chapter of AFP Leaves Legacy With Nine Planned Gifts to AFP Foundation
AFP Foundation Announces 2011 Officers and Directors