2014 Membership Survey Results
In June, AFP conducted a membership satisfaction survey to assess Canadian members’ perceptions of the organization and how it can serve members better. The survey was conducted in both English and French and had a nine percent response rate.
An executive summary of the survey can be found here.
Some interesting results of the survey were as follows:
- When asked how important they believe working on a broader global level is to the Canadian profession and philanthropy, our members indicated an 87 percent positive response. 93 percent were in agreement that it is important for AFP to continue partnering with other credible organizations throughout Canada.
- The top valued member benefits include:
- To get education and training
- To support the profession
- Demonstrate adherence to the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards
- To further my career
- Network with local fundraising professionals
- Gain credibility as a professional
- Get information to solve problems and stay current
- AFP members feel strongly about the following comments:
- The requirement for members to adhere to the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards is critically important.
- AFP membership is essential for any fundraising professional.
- Being affiliated with AFP makes me more credible as a fundraising expert.
- I feel valued and respected as a fundraising professional in my organization/workplace.
Thank you to all the members who took the time to complete the survey. It was used extensively during the recent AFP Canadian Leadership Retreat where we conducted strategic planning for the next three-year period.
A random drawing was conducted of the members who completed the survey and Helen S. Walsh, CFRE, BA received a complimentary year of AFP membership!