Find Updated News, Commentary on AFP Blogs!
August 1, 2011
Want to find out what media outlets across North America and the world are saying about fundraising and philanthropy?
The AFP Resource Center uses their blogs as an additional way of keeping members better informed about stories, events and trends in the charitable sector.
AFP and the Resource Center provide a variety of topical blogs some of which are listed here:
- AFP Blog: Recent News of Note -assorted news and commentary of the day regarding fundraising and philanthropy
- AFP Blog: Press Releases - press releases related to the charitable sector that Resource Center staff members have seen on the Internet
- AFP Blog: National Philanthropy Day® - Media coverage of National Philanthropy Day®
- AFP Blog: Legislation, Government Relations and Related Topics - News related to public policy, legislation, regulations and lobbying/advocacy
- AFP Blog: Youth and Philanthropy - Articles related to young people getting involved with philanthropy and the charitable sector
- AFP Blog: 2005 International Conference on Fundraising - Media coverage of the AFP International Conference on Fundraising in Baltimore, Md.
- AFP Blog: Tsunami Relief - Media coverage of the relief efforts of the Southeast Asia tsunami and the impact on charitable organizations.
On each blog, members can post their own comments about specific stories.
AFP blogs are intended to be purely informational and provide a sampling of the professional literature and commentary on fundraising and philanthropy. AFP provides the links to stories and materials on the Internet as a privilege to the user and does not necessarily endorse, support or attest to the accuracy of information posted on those Internet pages. Some links may require registration to view and/or may be available for a limited time only.
If you enjoy reading through the blogs, or if there are specific areas that you'd like to see covered, please let Resource Center staff know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AFP blogs can be found here.
Related AFP ResourcesAmericans Say They Will Pull Back on Giving in 2013: Can That Change…and What Can You Do?
Canadian Group Calls for Continued Government Support for Charities
IRS Seeking Comments on Donor-Advised Funds
Numerous Charities in CFC Owe Millions in Payroll Taxes