How to Use AFP Live!
January 29, 2017
AFP now has a new way for you to interact with top leaders, practitioners, trainers and innovators in fundraising and philanthropy: AFP Live!
Because AFP Live! is a new platform created by AFP, users might be unfamiliar with how it works. The following tips should help you better understand the platform, and how to enhance your overall AFP Live! experience!
AFP Live! Tips
• Questions can be submitted at any time before and during the chat.
• When submitting a question, first be sure to turn off the Auto Refresh option.
• You will not see your question appear in the chat until the Host has answered it.
• Hosts will try to review and answer every submitted question during their chat. However, time constraints may mean some questions are not reached. The Hosts will try their best to at least touch on all topics presented to them in each chat!
• The best way to follow the chat is to leave the chat page on Auto Refresh - this way new questions/answers will appear when ready. You can also select time intervals at which you'd like the page to refresh. Or you can turn off Auto Refresh and manually refresh the page when you want to see the most recent questions/answers.
• Questions and answers will appear as a couple once answered by the Host. Remember, this is a live chat, so the Host is answering these in real time, so please be patient. You can expect a new question/answer to appear every 3-5 minutes on average.
Related AFP ResourcesAFP Statement on President Trump’s 2018 Budget Blueprint
Benchmark Research on Fundraising Shows Contributions to Human Services Organizations (HSOs) Grew Faster Than For All Other Nonprofits
How Nonprofits can Steward More Donors with Stories
Building Donor Loyalty at the AFP International Fundraising Conference
Charitable Giving Coalition Letter to the President