AFP President and CEO Named One of Sector's Most Influential People
August 8, 2005
(Aug. 8, 2005) The NonProfit Times has named Paulette V. Maehara, CFRE, CAE, president and CEO of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), one of the 50 most influential people in the charitable sector.
It is the sixth consecutive listing for Maehara in the journal's 'Power and Influence Top 50,' which is selected by a combination of Times staff and members of the nonprofit community.
The Times wrote of Maehara: 'Not only does she lead the largest organization of fundraisers in the world, she's also chair-elect of ASAE [American Society of Association Executives], the largest organization of associations. The potential for her influence into most areas of the sector is immense.'
'This honor isn't for me, but is a reflection of our work and effectiveness as an association--from our outstanding board of directors to our dedicated staff and chapter leaders,' Maehara says. 'AFP can only be influential if we continue to work together to advance the profession, and I'm pleased that all of our efforts are being recognized.'
Other figures in the 'Power and Influence Top 50' include:
- Neal Denton, executive director, Alliance of Nonprofit Mailers, Washington, D.C.
- John Graham IV, president and CEO, American Society of Association Executives, Washington, D.C.
- Geoff Peters, pro bono general counsel, American Charities for Reasonable Fundraising Regulation, Vienna, Va.
- Dot Ridings, president and CEO, Council on Foundations, Washington, D.C.
- Eugene R. Tempel, executive director, Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University, Indianapolis
This year's honorees have been invited to attend a gala at The National Press Club in Washington, D.C. on Sept. 15, highlighted by a keynote speech by political analyst and pundit Eleanor Clift.
To view the full list, visit the 2005 NonProfit Times 'Power and Influence Top 50.'
Related AFP ResourcesQ&A with Nicole Bailey
Columbus, Ohio Fundraiser Receives Achievement Recognition from AFP
Boosting Fundraising Skills with Assessments and Training
Stick With Us—We’ll Carry You Through Your Entire Fundraising Career!
Fundraising & Finance – They Go Together Like Milk & Cookies