Call for Nominations: AFP Foundation for Philanthropy Canada, Board of Directors
February 21, 2018
Dear AFP Canadian Member:
- Do believe in your profession?
- Do you have a vision for how professionals across Canada can help our colleagues?
- Do you imagine a profession that is supported in every region?
- Do you want to be part of a growing and dynamic organization?
If you answered "Yes!" to any of these questions, then you have the power to influence the direction of AFP in a very concrete way—by nominating yourself or another leader for the Board of Directors of AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada for a term beginning on July 1, 2018.
Here is how the nomination process works -
- Nominate someone you know who has demonstrated leadership in your region, or as a member of an AFP committee or task force.
- Nominate yourself if you would like to provide service.
Upon nomination, candidates may receive a letter or a call from the committee asking them for more detailed information on their background. Please ensure that all nominations are accompanied by a current resume, and the nominee's willingness to serve.
The deadline for nomination forms is March 30, 2018. Nominate now!
The evaluation criteria used includes:
- demonstrated leadership ability
- previous service to AFP, philanthropy and the community locally and/or nationally
- particular leadership needs of the foundation at the time candidates are being considered
- certification (preferred but not required for nominees)
- diversity (all inclusive)
- type of professional practice
- support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy–Canada
- chapter size
- is a current AFP member in good standing (signed the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards and membership is current)
The Nominating Committee will determine a slate of directors (representing Western, Prairie, Central, and Eastern regions and chapter size). The slate will be made up of both returning and new members.
Thank you in advance for your consideration to be part of this open search for dedicated and talented leadership for our organization. Please feel free to contact any member of the Foundation Committee on Directorship should you have questions. This is an opportunity to make your voice heard.
Foundation Committee on Directorship
Leah Eustace, ACFRE - Chair
Roger Ali, CFRE
Susan Storey, CFRE
Denis Lalonde, MS