Join us at Fundraising Day on June 8th!
April 19, 2017
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Greater Toronto Chapter’s annual Fundraising Day is a one-day conference on Thursday, June 8, 2017, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Now in its 23rd year, Fundraising Day brings together over 500 fundraising professionals representing over 200 nonprofit organizations to share leading-edge practices and make long-lasting connections. Featuring 24 in-depth sessions, participants have an opportunity to customize their programming through tracked sessions to ensure their educational goals will be met.
This year’s theme is Ideas: how they evolve and come together to create a network. With our unique and diverse session line-up with speakers from large and small shops, each delegate is sure to leave brimming with new ideas and inspiration to make serious change happen. Dig deeper into major/planned gifts, diversity, and inclusion, stewardship, government relations, or enhance your leadership skills, all while making new connections with your peers.
Some of the new parts of Fundraising Day this year include:
- Driving innovation: Whether it`s thinking differently about overhead, applying design thinking to the world of fundraising, or leveraging Lean Six Sigma within your organization, you will be sure to walk away with exciting new ideas;
- Small shops: You asked, we delivered! Benefit from sessions built to incorporate the unique needs of the small but mighty shop; and
- Sharing Best Practices: With speakers from Camp Oochigeas, Indspire, The Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation, SickKids Foundation, The 519, United Way of Greater Toronto & York Region, University of Toronto, YMCA, and many more, there will be no shortage of learnings throughout the day.
- Plus! Network and discuss what you`ve learned at the Fundraising Day After Party, hosted at the Steamwhistle Brewery.
We understand that your organization may not have a professional development budget to send you to a conference…but we don’t think that should stop you from attending! Bursary opportunities are available for AFP members and non-members and bursary applicants do receive a special discounted rate—apply today!
The success of this conference depends on committed AFP volunteers who design the curriculum to ensure that the speakers selected are seasoned presenters with outcomes that can be delivered. AFP Greater Toronto Chapter would like to express our gratitude to all the volunteers who make Fundraising Day such an exceptional experience!
Join the discussion on social media #FD17ideas
AFP Bursary Opportunities: Spread the Word
With the recent launch of AFP’s 2017 Fundraising Day, we are writing to encourage you to help give every professional fundraiser the opportunity to attend this year’s conference by sharing information about our bursary program. Bursaries are available to cover registration fees for fundraisers (both AFP members and non-members) who
- Might not be able to cover the costs themselves
- Who work with registered charities with less than $1.5 million in fundraising revenue (excluding government/United Way funding)
Details on the AFP bursary program and application forms are available here.
Please take a moment to share this information through your professional channels. Reach out to fundraisers you know from smaller shops who may be eligible for bursaries.
Of course, if you are eligible, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 27, 2017 at 5 p.m.
On behalf of all of us at AFP Greater Toronto Chapter, thanks for your help in spreading the word!
Related AFP ResourcesColumbus, Ohio Fundraiser Receives Achievement Recognition from AFP
Boosting Fundraising Skills with Assessments and Training
Stick With Us—We’ll Carry You Through Your Entire Fundraising Career!
Ottawa Fundraiser Leah Eustace Earns Highest Professional Fundraising Credential from AFP
Fundraising & Finance – They Go Together Like Milk & Cookies