Take Your Fundraising to the Next Level
January 26, 2010
AFP has developed valuable pre- and post-conference sessions to enhance your professional development in the fundraising field! Because this year is our 50th anniversary, AFP is offering many of its most popular courses at special conference-only reduced prices at The 47th AFP International Conference on Fundraising in Baltimore, April 11-14, 2010. These pre- and post-conference courses, sessions and workshops are available for an additional fee and require pre-registration as seating is limited.
The CFRE Review Course
This two-day pre-conference course will take place on:
Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, April 11, 2010 - 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The CFRE Review Course offers development professionals an opportunity to review the main components of a complete fundraising program. This is a two-day, intensive program designed to provide an overview of skills, techniques and program components based on fundraising experience at the five-year level. Unlike earlier versions of the course, this newly revised course is organized around the domains of the CFRE examination rather than specific fundraising strategies.
Registration is available on a first come first served with seating limited to 50 participants per course offering. Register early!
A1: The CFRE Review Course (2 day) fees:
- $300 (A special 50th anniversary rate for full conference attendees) Regular AFP member/nonmember rates are $390/$490
- $500 (without a full conference registration)
The AFP CEO School-CEO 2.0: Innovator, Change Agent, Leader
This half-day post-conference workshop will take place on:
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8 a.m. - Noon
This session will explore the key issues that a nonprofit CEO must address to ensure organizational and fundraising success-innovation, leadership and change. Specifically we will help you look at:
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) in Leadership: This module explores how notions of leadership are evolving away from simplistic command and control and the importance of EI-based leadership. You will also have the opportunity to assess your own EI through an on-line questionnaire.
- Change Agent: Managing change is a key factor in organizational transformation and producing extraordinary fundraising results. This module will look at how to identify effective change processes- assessing your own readiness for change and your organization.
- Innovation: This module is based on the idea that innovation is the only sustainable competitive advantage-whether in fundraising or organizational service delivery. This module will look at how you, as a CEO, can promote and nurture systematic innovation across the organization.
The session, presented by Angela Cloff, deputy director, and Kate Gilmore, principal management consultant with =mc, London, UK, will involve case studies, examples, and exercises to challenge you and help you be a more effective CEO ready to lead the 2.0 organization.
A7: The AFP CEO School (½ day) fees:
$100 (with a full conference registration)
$200 (without a full conference registration)
* * *
These are just two of the pre- and post-conference workshops being offered at the 47th AFP International Conference on Fundraising in Baltimore, April 11-14, 2010. Click here for a complete listing of workshops and register for conference today!
Related AFP ResourcesHow Social Justice Fuels Philanthropy
Virginia Donor-Volunteer Power Couple Named 2015 Outstanding Philanthropists
Fellowship in Inclusion and Philanthropy Program
AFP News Release: Clinton College Plan Damaging to Philanthropy
Leading Charities and Fundraisers in Calgary to Discuss Philanthropy and Community Response to Flooding