Call for Presentations: AFP Banff Compass, May 8-11, 2017
December 6, 2016
The AFP Calgary & Area Chapter invites you to submit a proposal for a concurrent session presentation at its upcoming fundraising conference.
Banff Compass will showcase leading speakers and presenters on issues facing our profession who will help you effect positive change. By attending AFP Banff Compass 2017, you will be able to: improve both your leadership and management skills; learn and apply new knowledge, skills and resources for improved performance in your organizations; exchange lessons learned and network with colleagues from across the country.
Presentations will be selected by the Conference Educational Committee, which is made up of AFP members from Western Canada. During the review process, the following criteria are taken into consideration:
- Proposal title and description and its timeliness;
- Credentials and exemplification of the speaker;
- Previous ratings of the speaker/session;
- Experience level and sector that the presentation covers;
- Whether the speaker is new and/or international;
- Whether the speaker is a consultant and if they have a co-presenter/practitioner;
- Relevance to conference theme and topics; and
- Need for that specific proposal by our attendees.
Final presentations will be announced no later than January 13, 2017.
General submission requirements
Eligibility for Submitting Proposals: Banff Compass strives to provide the latest information that will enhance the professional knowledge of members, therefore note:
- Preference will be given to presenters who are AFP Faculty Training Academy/ Master Teacher graduates, ACFRE, CFRE, AFP Members and reciprocal members.
- To bring new ideas and learning opportunities to the members, AFP encourages and welcomes proposals from new presenters.
- Members of the Conference Education Advisory Committee are not eligible to submit proposals while serving on the committee.
Conference Education Topics: Sessions at the conference are organized by tracks. We are seeking submissions that address mid to upper level career levels in the following general areas:
- Inclusiveness in Your Organization
- Building a Philanthropic Culture
- Establishing Your Brand
- Strategic Marketing & Communications for Non-Profits
- Board Engagement
- Organizational Development
- Strategic Planning
- Effective Fund Development for Small Organizations
- Management Trends – Multi generational teams (leading &/or participating)
- Corporate/Foundation Relations
- Public Policy and Government Relations
- Capital Campaigns
- Annual Giving
- Direct Response
- Major Gifts
- Planned Giving
- Donor Relations/Stewardship
- Social Enterprise
- Leading and staying one step ahead –What’s new in the industry
- Career Development
Proposal Submission Schedule and Important Deadlines:
- Proposals must be received by 11:59 p.m. MST on December 15, 2016 at email@example.com.
- Presenters will be advised about the selection of their proposals by no later than December 31, 2016.
- Presenters should submit details of audio visual equipment needs by May 1, 2017.
- Handout materials, including slide presentations are due no later than April 12, 2017 and will be posted on April 17, 2017.
Thanks for your interest, and we look forward to seeing your proposal soon!