An Open Letter to All AFP Canada Members
June 10, 2014
Dear AFP Canadian Member,
You have the power to influence the focus and direction of AFP in a very concrete way: by nominating leaders for the AFP Canadian Council. The 2014 Nominating Committee invites your participation in helping us to do the best possible job for AFP and the profession.
Here is how the nomination process works. You can:
- nominate someone you know who has demonstrated leadership in your region, or as a member of an AFP committee or task force; or,
- you can nominate yourself if you would like to provide service.
Upon nomination (see the form link), candidates may receive a letter or a call from the committee asking for more detailed information on their background. Please ask your nominee to provide a copy of their current resume and confirm their willingness to serve before submitting their name.
The deadline for all completed nomination forms is Monday, August 4, 2014.
The evaluation criteria used includes:
- demonstrated leadership ability
- previous service to AFP, philanthropy and the community locally and/or nationally
- particular leadership needs of the association at the time candidates are being considered
- certification (preferred but not required)
- diversity (all-inclusive)
- type of professional practice
- support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada
- chapter size
- status as a current AFP member in good standing (including having signed the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards)
For the year 2015, the Canadian Council’s Nominating Committee will determine a slate of regional representatives based upon location (for the Western, Prairie, Ontario, Quebec and Eastern regions) as well as chapter size.
Thank you for making this process an open search for dedicated and talented leadership for our organization. Please feel free to contact any of the representatives of the nominating committee if you have questions. This is an opportunity to make your voice heard.
Derek Fraser, CFRE
Chair, AFP Canadian Council
Canadian Council Nominating Committee
Related AFP ResourcesAtlanta Fundraiser Lisa Kennedy Earns Highest Professional Credential from AFP
Benjamin Mohler Earns Highest Professional Fundraising Credential from AFP
AFP Member Testimonials
Winona Fundraiser Philip Schumacher Earns Highest Professional Credential from AFP
A Letter from the President and CEO