AFP Chapter Website Program: Deliverables and Expectations
July 25, 2017
Upon receiving a completed AFP Chapter Website Participation Intent Form, AFP will deliver a templated website that the submitting chapter can develop and prepare according to their stated needs.
AFP will deliver the following standard website services to the chapter.
- Website domain name and server in agreement with AFP IHQ naming convention.
- A community-based website template with editable content and features on the main landing page.
- An intuitive content management system (CMS) allowing chapters to maintain and update site content.
- A secure private online community platform – integrated with existing AFP member logins and optimized across all devices (desktop, laptop, tablets and phone) – allowing administrators, members and others to create, manage and engage in discussions forums on any number of topics.
- Discussion groups based on member type or activity, with real time or daily digest subscription options.
- A resource library allowing chapters to build (and members to contribute to) a private knowledge base of best practices, with sample documents, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, pictures, videos, podcasts and more.
- A chapter member directory where users can manage their profiles and connect with friends, colleagues and mentors through private messaging.
- An event calendar and manager tool, allowing chapters to create events and registration that can be connected with a third-party payment processor.
- A volunteer management section to encourage, track and reward member engagement in your online and real world community.
- Advanced Search capability of the chapter online community.
- Built-in website tracking and analytics, including web traffic, page views and unique visitor demographics.
- Advertising and sponsor opportunities on content pages and in discussion groups.
- In addition, AFP will provide training materials for using the community platform and CMS. Assistance with portions of the site not working correctly from a technical standpoint will be the responsibility of AFP IHQ working with the vendor.
By using this new AFP-provided community-based platform, chapters agree to the following expectations:
- A commitment to participate and review all training resources and materials.
- A person or team dedicated to the content and maintenance of the site. The person/position does not have to be exclusively dedicated to the site, but must reside in a position description within the chapter (i.e. Chapter Administrator, Chapter Secretary, Webmaster, etc.). The chapter will be responsible for manually migrating any and all content from any existing site or platform (whether within or external to the current AFP Chapter Website Program) to the chapter’s new site during the transition period (see below).
- If the chapter decides to use electronic payment processing for any service through the website using a third-party vendor, the chapter will be responsible for all contracts and/or fees associated with those relationships.
- Any third-party service or functionality used in conjunction with the website outside the scope of what is provided in this agreement will be the full responsibility of the chapter.
Examples of additional functionality could be:
- Advanced member directory capabilities
- Advanced job posting functionality
- Complex online registration requirements
- Commitment to consistent AFP branding on the site and adherence to the AFP Logo Usage Guide and Brand Protection Policy Guidelines.
Please note: Any additional functionality or advanced features outside of the listed functionality that AFP will provide will be the chapter’s responsibility. Please contact your vendor of choice for any additional functions.
To learn more about the features, functionality and deliverables of the new chapter websites and platform, please visit The AFP Chapter Website Program page.