Chapter Scholarship Chair
June 23, 2017
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES OF THE SCHOLARSHIP CHAIR
- Sample Job Description - AFP Silicon Valley Position Description
2. AFP Chamberlain Scholarship Program - Opening August 2017
- The Chamberlain Scholarship Program honors Ralph Chamberlain, CFRE, a long-time fundraiser and supporter of AFP. Mr. Chamberlain helped to form one of the organization’s first chapters, the Greater New York Chapter and served as both chair of the association and the foundation. Because of his long-time support of the Foundation for Philanthropy, the AFP Board of Directors renamed the Conference Scholar Program in 2000 to honor Mr. Chamberlain’s memory and commitment to the fundraising profession. The Chamberlain Scholarship covers the full registration fee, minus a $10 processing fee, for the recipient.
3. Diverse Communities Scholarship - Opening September 1, 2017
- The mission of the AFP Diverse Communities Conference Scholarship Fund is to help ensure that AFP programs are inclusive and supportive of diversity-related issues and concerns, to provide financial support for activities that increase understanding and awareness of diversity issues within AFP, and to provide financial assistance for professional development for AFP members who self-identify as coming from a diverse community and/or who are employed by grassroots organizations that primarily serve diverse populations. AFP is able to offer $1,500 scholarships ($595 conference fee + $905 for travel expenses) for each selected scholar.
4. Collegiate Scholarships
5. Chapter Scholar Program
AFP chapters awarding additional scholarships to the International Fundraising Conference are able to utilize the early bird rate past the deadline by submitting a chapter scholar. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
6. Samples From Other Chapters
- AFP Central Florida Chapter Scholarship Program
- AFP Greater Atlanta Chapter Membership Scholarship - Guidelines | Application
- AFP Greater Houston Chapter Scholarship Program
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.