May 1, 2012
This is a general job description of the duties of the role of chapter president-elect. Chapters are encouraged to customize chapter leader job descriptions for their particular needs.
The President-elect shall have authority as and assume the full duties of the President in case of his/her absence. The President-elect shall, in most cases, succeed the President in the leadership track.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Become acquainted with all the duties of the President and other officers
- Be familiar with the chapter’s bylaws and operating procedures
- Chair at least one standing board
- Be familiar with the duties of all committees
- Act as liaison with the committees, Board of Directors and AFP International Headquarters, as requested by the President
- Perform duties as assigned by the President
- Attend chapter leadership training workshops such as the Chapter Board Workshop immediately following the AFP International Conference and/or the Chapter Management 101 session held each fall at the Leadership Academy
- Turn over to the successor all chapter records and/or property immediately upon completion of term or resignation prior to completion of term
Visit the online Chapter Leader Network for archived Chapter Presidents' Newsletters, chapter submitted samples/resources, and discussion boards to network with other chapter leaders. Your login is your 3-digit chapter code for both username and password.
Related AFP ResourcesGetting to Know Emily Mapes – From AFP Collegiate Chapter Member to Development Coordinator, Thanks to AFP Connections
The Inclusion Revolution: Even Richer Than Diversity
Re-engaging Senior Practitioners
Upcoming Chapter Events
E-newsletters: Read This Before You Press Send