Forming a New AFP Chapter
January 23, 2014
AFP is a growing organization adding several new chapters each year. If you have interest in forming a chapter, please consider the following;
• If no AFP chapter exists to serve the fundraising professionals in a particular city or region;
• If an existing chapter has grown so large that its leadership wishes to organize a “spin-off” chapter;
• If the metropolitan area which one chapter already serves is so sprawling that it could adequately support an additional chapter;
• If a local fundraising group already exists and wishes to affiliate with AFP; or
• If a group of fundraising executives feels their needs would be better served by having a chapter that is more local.
If you believe there is an opportunity to form a chapter in your area after reviewing the above considerations, please contact the Chapter Services Department at AFP by sending an email to Chapter.Services@afpnet.org or by calling (800) 666-3863.
Related AFP ResourcesLIVE WEBCAST – Tips, techniques and strategies for speaking to donors on the phone!
Charities Commission issues Alert and Offers Tips in Preventing Fraud
Tips on Wise Giving: Ensuring Your Contribution Is Used Appropriately
Action Needed: CRTC Telemarketing Rules and a Charitable Exemption
Charities Exempt from Do-Not-Call List, But Subject to Other Telemarketing Requirements