Foundation Development Chair
March 1, 2013
Information and resources for Foundation Development Chairs
This page offers information about the role of the chapter FDC or EMC chair, necessary forms you'll use, and resources to help you throughout your term.
This is a general job description of the duties of the role of chapter Foundation Development Chair/Every Member Campaign Chair. Chapters are encouraged to customize chapter leader job descriptions for their particular needs.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Report to the Chapter President, Board of Directors and members regularly on the committee’s activities and progress toward goals
- Recruit members to serve on the Development Committee
- Educate chapter members about the activities of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy
- Conduct the chapter's Every Member Campaign
- Serve as liaison between the Chapter and AFP Foundation for Philanthropy
- Provide recognition to chapter donors
- Check donor reports for accuracy and resolve discrepancies with AFP Foundation for Philanthropy staff
- Work with the Newsletter Editor to place articles on AFP Foundation (Case for Support, EMC, Chapter Treasury campaign, etc.) in monthly publication
- Turn over to the successor all chapter records and/or property immediately upon completion of term or resignation prior to completion of term
FDC Orientation Webinar - Each year, in February, AFP IHQ hosts an orientation call for new FDCs. You are able to access a recording of the audio and video from that call or just the slides from the presentation from the link provided.
Visit the online Chapter Leader Network for archived Foundation Development Chair newsletters, chapter submitted samples/resources, and discussion boards to network with other chapter leaders. Your login is your 3-digit chapter code for both username and password.
Related AFP ResourcesGetting to Know Emily Mapes – From AFP Collegiate Chapter Member to Development Coordinator, Thanks to AFP Connections
The Inclusion Revolution: Even Richer Than Diversity
Re-engaging Senior Practitioners
Upcoming Chapter Events
E-newsletters: Read This Before You Press Send