May 1, 2012
Information and Resources for the Chapter Secretary
This is a general job description of the duties of the role of chapter secretary. Chapters are encouraged to customize chapter leader job descriptions for their particular needs.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and distribute accurate minutes of all meetings of the chapter and Board of Directors (minutes of committee and member meetings shall be recorded if directed by the Board of Directors)
- Prepare correspondence at the direction of the President and/or Board of Directors
- Maintain chapter files of correspondence and program materials. A permanent file shall be maintained to house founding documents as well as updated copies of Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Incorporation, ChapterAffiliation Agreement, etc. Provide copies of the latest versions of these documents to all officers annually
- Prepare and file with appropriate agencies all reports required to maintain the active status of the chapter’s corporation and provide proof of corporate status to IHQ as part of the annual Accord process
- Other duties as assigned by the President and/or Board of Directors.
- Turn over to the successor all chapter records and/or property immediately upon completion of term or resignation prior to completion of term
Chapter Record Retention Guidelines - Do you know where your chapter documents are?
Related AFP ResourcesGetting to Know Emily Mapes – From AFP Collegiate Chapter Member to Development Coordinator, Thanks to AFP Connections
The Inclusion Revolution: Even Richer Than Diversity
Re-engaging Senior Practitioners
Upcoming Chapter Events
E-newsletters: Read This Before You Press Send