Today’s college and university students are tomorrow’s professional fundraisers. These are the individuals who will be the workforce that will change the world, one gift at a time. AFP’s future is in the students who are attending colleges and universities across the globe, learning how to operate and fund charities and nonprofit organizations. AFP has an obligation to promote and encourage the active involvement of college and university students in philanthropy, the nonprofit sector and the profession of ethical fundraising.
Our Collegiate Chapters and Members
This section of AFP’s website is devoted to providing information and resources for and about AFP Collegiate Chapters and members. Here you will find ways to become involved in a Collegiate Chapter in your area, or how to establish your own chapter at your institution.
The goal of the Collegiate Chapter Subcommittee is to engage and support collegiate chapter leaders, members, faculty advisors and professional chapter liaisons, who guide the activities of the more than 25 chapters in North America. With input from the chapters themselves, the group is focused on:
- Developing web resources for collegiates
- Creating tools and resources to help collegiate chapters be more effective
- Sharing best practices among chapters
- Building understanding of the fundraising profession and the role of AFP in that profession
- Providing ongoing networking activities for collegiate leaders across the U. S. and Canada
- Helping to establish new collegiate chapters
This website is currently being built. Please return often to check out the new tools and to make connections with others who have the same interests. We are interested in your participation. If you are interested in joining the committee, starting a collegiate chapter, have a question or suggestion, or want to talk directly to a member of the subcommittee, please email email@example.com and someone from the committee will be happy to talk with you.
*New* AFP Professional Chapter Collegiate Toolkit Job Description: Professional Advisor for Collegiate Chapter
AFP presents the new AFP Collegiate Chapter Toolkit - designed to help collegiate chapters work with Faculty Advisors and Professional Chapter Liaisons, provide guidance on choosing the best people for chapter leadership, provide best practices from current Collegiate Chapters and suggest other resources that will be helpful in building a robust organization.
- Collegiate Chapter Toolkit (PDF)
- Toolkit Note: To better assist users, the toolkit also appears below by section, and the Appendices are available as Word documents, so they can be easily accessed and personalized. The addenda are below.
- Roles and Responsibilities of Faculty and Professional Advisors
- Chapter Operations
- Best Practices
-- UNF Collegiate Chapter Handbook
-- Sample Letter of Invitation
-- Sample AFP Portfolio
-- Sample Case for Support
-- Sample Levels of Support (coming soon!)