AFP African American Community of Fundraising Professionals Page
Welcome to the AFP African-American Community of Fundraising Professionals Webpage. Here you will find information and resources of interest to African-American fundraisers and those who work with organizations with an African-American audience.
• 2013 AFP Diverse Communities Scholarship Program Overview & Criteria
• Pictures from the 2013 AFP International Conference on Fundraising in San Diego!
• AFP Conference 2013 Presentations by Our Members!
• African-American Community - Find connections to the AFP African-American Community List Serve, Discussion Group on LinkedIn, and other AFP diverse communities.
• African-American Articles/Resources - Find a variety of African American fundraising-related articles, newsletters, essays, reports, surveys, and resources (books, organizations, educational opportunities, affinities, conferences, and more.
• African-American Training/Workshop Presentations
• African American Fundraising Mentor - Sign up to become a mentor to a new African American AFP member, or to find an AFP African American development mentor. (coming soon)
• Be sure to sign up for Kaleidoscope, a publication that supports AFP’s strategic goal of connecting communities around the world by promoting diversity to donors, boards and fundraisers.
About AFP Diverse Communities/Subsites
One of the benefits of being a member of AFP is the availability of specific content for diverse communities. Current AFP Diverse Community Groups include:
• African American Community of Fundraising Professionals
• Asian Community of Fundraising Professionals
• Faith-Based Community of Fundraising Professionals
• GLBT Community of Fundraising Professionals
• Hispanic Community of Fundraising Professionals
• Jewish Community of Fundraising Professionals
• Rural Community of Fundraising Professionals
Any Diverse Community Group with a minimum of 100 members is eligible to create a web subsite to the AFP website. The AFP diverse community group subsites are a benefit for AFP members only. This GLBT subsite is the first diverse community subsite.
For more information and resources about diversity at AFP, click here.