AFP Awards Materials Now Available—Nominations Due July 15, 2010
(April 27, 2010) Nomination forms for AFP’s Awards for Philanthropy and other honors are now available.
Nominations are due on July 15, 2010. The only exception is the Campbell & Company Awards for Excellence in Fundraising, nominations for which are due on Sept. 15.
Nominators should be aware that several changes have been made to the criteria and nomination process for the Awards for Philanthropy. Supporting materials for most awards are no longer accepted, and nominations MUST address the criteria in the indicated format. These changes were made because of the increasing number of entries and to ensure fairness and consistency as judges reviewed the nominations.
The nomination form can be found in the Attachments section below.
AFP Awards for Philanthropy
AFP offers a number of different awards for exemplary work in philanthropy and fundraising. These include AFP’s Awards for Philanthropy, which include the following categories:
- Freeman Philanthropic Services Award for Outstanding Corporation
- (CCS) Award for Outstanding Fundraising Professional
- Changing Our World/Simms Awards for Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy, Ages 5-17 and Ages 18-23
- Award for Outstanding Philanthropist
- Award for Outstanding Foundation
- Award for Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser
Nominations for the Awards for Philanthropy are due on July 15 and must be submitted electronically. No supporting documentation is allowed, only the answers to the questions and criteria that are found on the nomination form.
AFP also offers other awards for outstanding fundraising achievements, service to AFP and chapter efforts in diversity:
- The Barbara Marion Award for Outstanding Leadership to AFP recognizes an AFP member who demonstrates outstanding leadership and service to the association and/or its related entities, such as the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy.
- The Charles R. Stephens Excellence in Diversity Chapter Award recognizes the year's most outstanding demonstration by an AFP chapter of leadership, creativity, and initiative in building diversity in membership or programming. One award is presented in each chapter size category.
- The Campbell & Company Awards for Excellence in Fundraising are presented to nonprofit organizations' development departments or fundraising programs that have developed an innovative initiative, program or project design, or technique that has increased their donor base, increased the amount of funds raised, and improved their fundraising return on investment. One award will be given in each of two categories based on organizational size. Unlike the other honors, nominations for the Campbell & Company Awards for Excellence in Fundraising are due Sept. 15, and supporting materials are allowed. More information can be found on the nomination form.
More information about these awards and the Awards for Philanthropy can be found here.
Research Prize and Chapter Ten Star Award
The AFP Awards Committee oversees all of these awards programs except for the Skystone Ryan Prize for Research on Fundraising and Philanthropy and the AFP Chapter Ten Star Award.
More information about the Skystone Ryan Prize for Research on Fundraising and Philanthropy can be found here.
For information on the Chapter Ten Star Award, members should log into the "Member Gateway" section of the AFP website, click on this link and look for the Chapter Ten Star Award.
The awards nomination form can be found below. Questions about the AFP awards program can be directed to NaTanya Lott at email@example.com.
Related AFP ResourcesAFP Honors Top National Donors and Volunteers for 2009
Maria Cuomo Cole to Speak at 2015 National Philanthropy Day Honors
2013 Bob Carter Companies/Simms Award for Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy, Individual: Marli Overgard
Canada is a Ten Star Country!
Outstanding Youth Honored with AFP International Philanthropy Award