About AFP Canada
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is the largest international association of fundraising professionals in the world. AFP has almost 30,000 members world-wide, with 3,500 of them here in Canada. AFP promotes the importance and value of philanthropy, and enables people and organizations to practice ethical and effective fundraising by:
- supporting the growth and development of networks of fundraisers in Canada and around the world,
- providing information and resources to enable fundraisers to develop in their profession,
- establishing the ethical framework that allows fundraisers to make an impact in Canadian society,
- promoting philanthropy and fundraising the public arena.
AFP is very active in Canada. Through research, education and certification using leading-edge technologies, AFP supports Canadian members in 16 Chapters, and provides essential leadership to Canada’s robust charitable sector. Co-ordinated through the Canada Council, AFP in Canada works to:
- develop superlative fundraising practitioners
- educate the public about philanthropy and fundraising
- inform and shape public policy
- establish a diverse fundraising profession
- prepare young professionals for their careers in fundraising
- support the international fundraising community
- enhance the Member experience.