The 2018 AFP International Fundraising Conference App (Sponsored by myRollCall & Giveffect)
It's Here! AFP 2018 - The Free AFP International Fundraising Conference App for the 2018 New Orleans Conference! (Sponsored by myRollCall & Giveffect )
No need to worry about wi-fi connections while you are roaming deep into the nooks and crannies of the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center! Just download the free AFP International Fundraising Conference app - AFP 2018 (Sponsored by myRollCall & Giveffect ) - for your iPhone, iPad, Android or BlackBerry, enter your email and set up your profile, and you are set for conference! Have all the sessions, speakers, exhibitors, and more at your fingertips, and create your own personalized conference experience!
Best of all, the free AFP 2018 app will perform optimally whether or not there's an Internet connection. When connected, the app downloads updates (like a schedule or room change), and also allows the user to set up a profile, connect with fellow attendees, post status updates and pictures to the activity feed and social media, and more! Once downloaded, all of the data is stored locally on the device so it's accessible even if there's no Wi-Fi!
Make the AFPeeps proud! Simply search "AFP 2018" or "AFP 2018 Conference" in iTunes and Google Play, or click the image (or link) below to start your free AFP 2018 app experience!
Visit afpnet.org/app to learn more about how to download the app and optimize your AFP 2018 experience, as well about all the special badges and games we will be rolling out through the app!
Tech Support: If you can't get the application running on your smartphone, or have any other questions, email the application developer, DoubleDutch, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Certain Android users may not see the AFP header logo appear on their devices, while Blackberry and other HTML5 users may find limitations with the photo upload feature.
AFP 2018 is the official interactive mobile app for the AFP 2018 International Fundraising Conference, April 15-17 in New Orleans, La.! Prepare to rev up your fundraising game!
The AFP 2018 App Will Enhance Your Conference Experience and Allow You to:
- View schedules, explore sessions, and find social events
- Create your own personal profile and schedule, and view location and speaker information
- Access maps and find local places
- Check-in to sessions, meetings, keynotes, and exhibitor booths *
- View an entire feed of the event activity, including attendee check-ins, photos, and more *
- Play conference games, and earn points and special badges for being active on the app and at conference *
- Connect with other attendees and expand your professional network *
How to Use the AFP 2018 App:
After downloading, you will be asked to select an email to access the app. You will then receive an automatic email to the address you entered containing a password for your app account. You can keep this password and use it anytime you need to log back into the app. Or you can select a new password if you'd like by clicking the "Reset Password" button on the the login screen of the app.
Please remember this email and passsword, as your login is the key to unlocking all the app's personalized and interactive features, including:
- Your Profile - First things first - set up your profile! Upload your picture, tell us a little about yourself, activate your social media information, and you are ready to go! You can access and update your profile and settings (such as allowing private messages from others wanting to connect) at any time simply by clicking your Profile image at the top of the app. This also is where you can see any badges you have earned based on your activities (see Points and Badges, below, for more information).*
- Live Conference Feed - Keep your finger on the pulse of conference! The Live Activity Feed—your default homepage—is where you can share and follow what others are doing! Click the "compose" (paper/pen) image at top right in this section to post a message or photo, check in at a session, and share your activities on your social media sites. You can also comment on other attendees' posts, "Like" their remarks, and stay engaged throughout the event! *
- Chat Channels! - What to know where to get the best coffee and beignets in New Orleans? Need an exercise buddy? New and slightly overwhelmed by the whole conference thing? Looking for others from your state or chapter to meet up? Chat away on our special conference channels and ramp up your all-around NOLA experience!
- Who's on AFP 2018 - When attendees access the app, they will appear in this section. See who's joining you on the app experience, and send them a private direct message (if activated on both ends) to connect! *
- My Direct Messages - Keep tabs on all your private messages with fellow attendees in one place!
- My Schedule - View the full education and event schedule and information, and quickly set up your personalized calendar simply by adding sessions to your agenda. You can also filter events and sessions by Education Track and Experience Level!
- Speakers & Exhibitors - See speaker pictures and bios, and see what the conference exhibitors have to offer!
- Handouts - Quickly access all the session PDF handouts at the conference, attached to each session!
- #afpfc on Twitter & Social Media/AFPeeps - See a comprehensive Twitter feed of all posts using our official conference hashtag (#afpfc), and check out the special social media tutorials and offerings by the AFPeeps (#afpeeps)! *
* Requires Internet connectivity
Conference is not all work—there's plenty of play to be had in New Orleans! And the app experience is no different. Each time you access the app and take certain activities, you will earn points, whether it be posting to the live feed, checking into sessions, adding photos to the stream, commenting on other attendees' posts and check-ins, and more!
Every action is worth different points (and these may change on a random basis)—can you figure out what earns you the most points on a particular day? See how many points you've gained and where you stand in comparison to other attendees by clicking the "App Leaderboard" link in the main menu!
You can also earn special badges for your check-ins, posts and picture uploads! Badges are hidden until "unlocked" through completion of a certain action—and the more your do it, the more badges you may collect! To see what badges you have earned, simply go into your Profile and click About (botom left)!
1. The AFP Leaderboard Challenge!
Are you the Leader of the Pack? Get ready—we will once again have The AFP Leaderboard Challenge during conference! This is a simple points accumulation game using the features of the app. The more you use it and do things such as posting to the live feed, checking into sessions, adding photos to the stream, commenting on other attendees' posts and check-ins, etc., the more points you earn. Be sure to check the "App Points Leaders" link to see the standings. You can also check out the live GameDay feed that will be up at the AFPeeps Nest to see what's happening and who's in the lead! At the end of the conference, the top 15 points-getters will be entered into a drawing for not just Cool Points, but actual Cool Prizes!
Please Note: The AFP Leaderboard Challenge will officially begin at 8 am Friday (April 13) and conclude at 5:00 pm Tuesday (April 17)!
What does that mean? Simply that while you may (and are encouraged to!) participate and post pictures and comments on the app leading up to (and after) that timeframe, there will be no points awarded for these actions (only initial points for setting up your app profile). The points system will be turned on at the exact "start" of the pre-conference workshops at 8 am Friday April 13, and be turned off at the end of conference at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, April 17. This is to give everyone a fighting chance to be in the top 15!
"BUT WAIT ... WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEE?! I actually have responsibilities at conference other than playing on the app all day, you know .... sheesh!" First—seriously? Get your priorities straight! OK, we hear you! And we know when some of you do join in and post to the Live Activity Feed or comment, people listen (eat your heart out, E.F. Hutton) and you really enhance the experience for all! So in addition to the top 15 points-getters, the AFPeeps and AFP staff will also be selecting an additional 5 app users at the end of conference to enter into the drawing based solely on the quality of their postings and engagement with the app community. Points smoints - if you're good, you're good, and we'll notice! Power to the (more) Peep-le! We'll also be increasing the prize count to 20, so everyone in the drawing will wind up with something! Again, we will announce the top 15 points-getters and the 5 Power Peeps once conference closes in the weekly AFP eWire, with the drawing soon after. Winners will be notified and announced in a following AFP eWire and on social media.
Best of luck, all!
2. The #selfiewithanACFRE Contest - ALL NEW FOR 2018!
We're changing things up a little for the #selfiewithanACFRE Contest in New Orleans - I know, crazy! All the better to raise awareness for that exotic species via social media and the AFP conference app. Here's a good opportunity to meet these fine folks and talk with them about their credentials, the process - whatever you ever wanted to ask about the mysterious world of ACFRE! Now with two ways to score big (badges)! But remember: These badges and activities don't start until Friday, April 13 (when the pre-conference Workshops begin)!
Badge #1: ACFRE Session Star
Don’t look now, but we have a number of conference sessions either presented by or highly recommended by our ACFRE Aces! Check into two of the following five sessions on the AFP 2018 app to unlock your special ACFRE badge:
- Workshop: Authentic Leadership: The Key to Successful Fundraising Programs (Saturday, April 14 - Leah Eustace, CFRE, ACFRE & Scott Fortnum, CFRE, ACFRE)
- Stewarding Donors with Dementia (Sunday, April 15 - Robert Hofmann MA, CFRE & Jolene Martin PhD, CCC-SLP)
- The House of Philanthropy: Creating a Framework for Cross-Cultural Giving (Sunday, April 15 - Alice Ferris CFRE, ACFRE & James Anderson CFRE)
- Embracing the Growing Importance of Board Diversity: Philanthropy, Leadership & Board Engagement (Monday, April 16 - Angela White, Sasha Zarins & Vernetta Walker)
- Why Good People Do Bad Things (Tuesday, April 17 - Michael Hood)
Badge #2: #selfiewithanACFRE Shutterbug
Find an ACFRE in the wild? Even better - find three of these fascinating creatures? Check into the special #selfiewithanACFRE session three times and with each check-in also post your pic with an ACFRE to unlock your badge!
3. Fun Badges Announced for AFP 2018!
Things just got a little crazy up in the AFP conference app—8 NOLA-centric named badges have been created for you to earn and unlock! What do they look like? You're gonna have make some effort to see them! Check 'em out below, and plan your #afpfc experience accordingly! Bon appétit, y'all!
To see the badges you have unlocked, go into your Profile, then click the About link at botton left.
Please note: These badges cannot be unlocked until the events noted actually take place ... so no - you can't be sneaky and check in to them beforehand!
1. The Who Dat
Who dat say dey gonna beat dem saints … or attend ALL the conference education sessions?? Well, just because it might be impossible doesn’t mean you can’t have fun trying! Check into 15 (or more!) AFP conference education sessions and earn the Super Bowl of badges!
2. The Mudbug
I’m not sure what set of crazy critters they might feature at the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, but if a mudbug ain’t one of them, I’m leaving. Swing by and check in at Monday night’s Fundraisers Fest at the Audubon Aquarium and pinch the head on the Mudbug badge!
3. The Cher
No, not the fabulous diva (though she’d fit right in!), but a term of endearment around here. Something special … just like our sweet selection of special conference events! Check into two (or more!) AFP special events and we might unlock a sweet little badge for you, dearie!
4. The Voodoo
A powerful force of the universe that elevates and explains the mysterious world connecting us all. Sounds like Louisiana Voodoo … and the AFPeeps taking on the tangled web of social media! Unleash this awesome power by checking into five (or more!) AFPeep U sessions at Learning Lab 1 and unlocking The Voodoo badge!
5. The Beignet
Mmmmm … a pillowy piece of fried dough showered in powdered sugar … I mean, how can that NOT be exactly what you need while in New Orleans … just like the vendors in the AFP Marketplace are exactly what you need to satiate your professional cravings. Check in at five (or more) exhibitors & earn The Beignet badge!
6. The Lagniappe
Ah yes - that little extra special unexpected something that enhances and elevates your overall experience … just like our brand new Conference Welcome Reception & Networking event on Saturday night is our way of saying “thank you” for joining us in New Orleans! Come by and get your little extra sumptin’ sumptin’ Lagniappe badge!
The centerpiece of all that is right and majestic in the sandwich (and by definition, my) world - the beautiful melding of meats, cheeses, and tapenade, all soaked up by sesame bread … mmmmmm soaked … wait, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah - the centerpiece - just like the AFP General Sessions are central to your conference experience (whew - close save there). Be sure to check into a General Session to earn The Muffuletta!
8. The Dodo
No, not the extinct flightless bird or your ex-boyfriend, but the local way to say you’re going to sleep - which is the exact opposite of what you’ll be doing when you get revved up networking and having a grand ol’ time at our Community Group receptions on Sunday night! Unlock The Dodo badge by checking in at two Community Group receptions!
In addition to the Fun Badges noted above, you can also unlock the following "activity" badges on your phone each time you take basic actions on the app, such as setting up your profile, checking into events and sessions, and posting pictures. The more you do, the more badges you collect!
Check-Ins (Live Activity Feed Posts)
Newbie (1 check-in)
Rookie (3 check-ins)
Explorer (5 check-ins)
Local (10 check-ins)
Wanderer (20 check-ins)
Searcher (30 check-ins)
Scout (40 check-ins)
Voyager (50 check-ins)
Polaroid (1 photo)
Photo Buff (3 photos)
Photographer (5 photos)
Photojournalist (10 photos)
Shutterbug (15 photos)
Paparazzi (20 photos)
Photolog (30 photos)
History Maker (40 photos)
Director (50 photos)
* Requires Internet connectivity