The 2017 AFP International Fundraising Conference App
It's Here! AFP 2017 - The Free AFP International Fundraising Conference App for the 2017 San Francisco Conference!
No need to worry about wi-fi connections while you are roaming deep into the nooks and crannies of Moscone West in San Francisco! Just download the free AFP International Fundraising Conference app - AFP 2017 - for your iPhone, iPad, Android or BlackBerry, enter your email and set up your profile, and you are set for conference! Have all the sessions, speakers, exhibitors, and more at your fingertips, and create your own personalized conference experience!
Best of all, the free AFP 2017 app will perform optimally whether or not there’s an Internet connection. When connected, the app downloads updates (like a schedule or room change), and also allows the user to set up a profile, connect with fellow attendees, post status updates and pictures to the activity feed and social media, and more! Once downloaded, all of the data is stored locally on the device so it’s accessible even if there’s no Wi-Fi!
Make the AFPeeps proud! Simply search "AFP 2017" or "AFP 2017 Conference" in iTunes and Google Play, or click the image (or link) below to start your free AFP 2017 app experience!
Tech Support: If you can't get the application running on your smartphone, or have any other questions, email the application developer, DoubleDutch, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Certain Android users may not see the AFP header logo appear on their devices, while Blackberry and other HTML5 users may find limitations with the photo upload feature.
AFP 2017 is the official interactive mobile app for the AFP 2017 International Fundraising Conference, April 30-May 2 in San Francisco, Ca.! Prepare to rev up your fundraising game!
The AFP 2017 App Will Enhance Your Conference Experience and Allow You to:
- View schedules, explore sessions, and find social events
- Create your own personal profile and schedule, and view location and speaker information
- Access maps and find local places
- Check-in to sessions, meetings, keynotes, and exhibitor booths *
- View an entire feed of the event activity, including attendee check-ins, photos, and more *
- Play conference games, and earn points and special badges for being active on the app and at conference *
- Connect with other attendees and expand your professional network *
How to Use the AFP 2017 App:
After downloading, you will be asked to select an email to access the app. You will then receive an automatic email to the address you entered containing a password for your app account. You can keep this password and use it anytime you need to log back into the app. Or you can select a new password if you'd like by clicking the "Reset Password" button on the the login screen of the app.
Please remember this email and passsword, as your login is the key to unlocking all the app's personalized and interactive features, including:
- Your Profile - First things first - set up your profile! Upload your picture, tell us a little about yourself, activate your social media information, and you are ready to go! You can access and update your profile and settings (such as allowing private messages from others wanting to connect) at any time simply by clicking the "gear" image at top right of your Profile page. This also is where you can see any badges you have earned based on your activities (see Points and Badges, below, for more information).*
- Live Conference Feed - Keep your finger on the pulse of conference! The Live Activity Feed—your default homepage—is where you can share and follow what others are doing! Click the "compose" (paper/pen) image at top right in this section to post a message or photo, check in at a session, and share your activities on your social media sites. You can also comment on other attendees' posts, "Like" their remarks, and stay engaged throughout the event! *
- Chat Channels! - What to know where to get the best coffee and meals in Boston? Need an exercise buddy? New and slightly overwhelmed by the whole conference thing? Looking for others from your state or chapter to meet up? Chat away on our special conference channels and ramp up your all-around Boston experience!
- Who's on AFP 2016 - When attendees access the app, they will appear in this section. See who's joining you on the app experience, and send them a private direct message (if activated on both ends) to connect! *
- My Direct Messages - Keep tabs on all your private messages with fellow attendees in one place!
- My Schedule - View the full education and event schedule and information, and quickly set up your personalized calendar simply by adding sessions to your agenda. You can also filter events and sessions by Education Track, Experience Level, and Sector!
- Speakers & Exhibitors - See speaker pictures and bios, and see what the conference exhibitors have to offer!
- Handouts - Quickly access all the session PDF handouts at the conference, attached to each session!
- #afpfc on Twitter & Social Media/AFPeeps - See a comprehensive Twitter feed of all posts using our official conference hashtag (#afpfc), and check out the special social media tutorials and offerings by the AFPeeps (#afpeeps)! *
* Requires Internet connectivity
Conference is not all work—there's plenty of play to be had in San Francisco! And the app experience is no different. Each time you access the app and take certain activities, you will earn points, whether it be posting to the live feed, checking into sessions, adding photos to the stream, commenting on other attendees' posts and check-ins, and more!
Every action is worth different points (and these may change on a random basis)—can you figure out what earns you the most points on a particular day? See how many points you've gained and where you stand in comparison to other attendees by clicking the "App Leaderboard" link in the main menu!
You can also earn special badges for your check-ins, posts and picture uploads! Badges are hidden until "unlocked" through completion of a certain action—and the more your do it, the more badges you may collect! To see what badges you have earned, simply go into your Profile and click About (botom left)!
1. The AFP Leaderboard Challenge!
Are you the Leader of the Pack? Get ready—we will once again have The AFP Leaderboard Challenge during conference! This is a simple points accumulation game using the features of the app. The more you use it and do things such as posting to the live feed, checking into sessions, adding photos to the stream, commenting on other attendees' posts and check-ins, etc., the more points you earn. Be sure to check the "App Points Leaders" link to see the standings. You can also check out the live GameDay feed that will be up at the AFPeeps Nest to see what's happening and who's in the lead! At the end of the conference, the top 15 points-getters will be entered into a drawing for prizes, including an iPad Mini!
Please Note: The AFP Leaderboard Challenge will officially begin at 8 am Friday (April 28) and conclude at 5:00 pm Tuesday (May 2)!
What does that mean? Simply that while you may (and are encouraged to!) participate and post pictures and comments on the app leading up to (and after) that timeframe, there will be no points awarded for these actions (only an initial points for setting up your app profile). The points system will be turned on at the exact "start" of the pre-conference workshops at 8 am Friday April 28, and be turned off at the end of the official education sessions at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, May 2. This is to give everyone a fighting chance to be in the top 15!
"BUT WAIT ... WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEE?! I actually have responsibilities at conference other than playing on the app all day, you know .... sheesh!" First—seriously? Get your priorities straight! OK, we hear you! And we know when some of you do join in and post to the Live Activity Feed or comment, people listen (eat your heart out, E.F. Hutton) and you really enhance the experience for all! So in addition to the top 15 points-getters, the AFPeeps and AFP staff will also be selecting an additional 5 app users at the end of conference to enter into the drawing based solely on the quality of their postings and engagement with the app community. Points smoints - if you're good, you're good, and we'll notice! Power to the (more) Peep-le! We'll also be increasing the prize count to 20, so everyone in the drawing will wind up with something! Again, we will announce the top 15 points-getters and the 5 Power Peeps once conference closes in the weekly AFP eWire, with the drawing soon after. Winners will be notified and announced in a following AFP eWire and on social media.
Best of luck, all!
2. #selfiewithACFRE Contest!
At the San Francisco conference, we're launching a special contest via social media and the AFP conference app to help raise awareness for that exotic species: The ACFRE! Here's a good opportunity to meet these fine folks and talk with them about their credentials, the process - whatever you ever wanted to ask about the exotic world of ACFRE!
Here's how it works:
- ACFRE attendees will be walking around wearing their ACFRE medallion - you can't miss them!
- Spot one in the wild, go on up, and ask to take a "selfie" pic with them.
- Post the pic to the AFP 2017 app or Twitter and make sure you tag it with the hashtag: #selfiewithACFRE
- Each posted picture counts as one entry. If the ACFRE is wearing his or her medallion in the photo, you get a bonus entry!
- ACFREs are not eligible to win - sorry!
- Winners will be randomly drawn for prizes at the end of conference!
And those prizes are:
Free Registration for the 2018 AFP International Fundraising Conference, April 15-17 in New Orleans, La!
A $100 US Amazon gift card OR a book of the winner's choice from the AFP Bookstore!
And additional prizes may be available!
Very exciting - go get yourself a #selfiewithACFRE and a chance to win!
3. Fun Badges Announced for AFP 2017!
Things just got a little crazy up in the AFP conference app—8 Superfun San Francisco bands-centric badges have been created for you to earn and unlock! What do they look like? You're gonna have make some effort to see them! Check 'em out below, and plan your #afpfc experience accordingly! Far out, man!
To see the badges you have unlocked, go into your Profile, then click the About link at botton left.
Please note: These badges cannot be unlocked until the events noted actually take place ... so no - you can't be sneaky and check in to them beforehand!
1. The Journey
Don’t Stop Believin' ... that you can actually try to attend every freakin' conference session! Check into 15 (or more!) AFP conference education sessions and be welcomed with Open Arms with The Journey badge!
Playing, playing in the band ... and at the SF Conference, of course! The Grateful Dead would've made the perfect house band for the Fifty Summers of Love: The AFP After Dark Electric Kool-Ade Explosion Party. So don't harsh Captain Trips' mellow—come party and earn The Dead badge!
3. The Huey Lewis
That’s the Power of Love ... and our inspiring AFP General Session speakers! It's Hip to be Square-ly up front for these amazing sessions! Be sure to check into a General Session to earn The Huey Lewis badge!
4. The Airplane
We are the Volunteers of America! Go chasing White Rabbits and you just might stumble into our Special Events! Check into two (or more!) of them to earn The Airplane badge!
5. The Starship
We Built This City ... on a rocking convention! And companies such as LinkedIn are rebuilding it today. Join AFP's Bay Area chapters at the new LinkedIn HQ Sunday night and launch The Starship badge!
6. The Sly & the Family Stone
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)—as only you can at the SF conference! Meet Sly's spiritual children—The AFPeeps—and let your freak flag fly by checking into 5 (or more!) AFPeep U sessions at the Peeps Nest and unlocking The Family Stone badge!
7. The Brubeck Quartet
Time Out—where did this sophistication suddenly come from? A jazz group?? Yep—it's amazing how cultured you get when around AFP conference folks! Come mingle & expand your mind (and unlock The Brubeck) with your fellow conference hepcats by checking in at two Sunday night Community Group receptions!
8.The Jesse and the Rippers
Can't have a SF band list without Full House's Uncle Jesse & The Rippers! John Stamos may have been selling some cheese, but the vendors in the AFP Marketplace are providing exactly what you need to rock your fundraising! Check in at 5 (or more) exhibitors & earn The Jesse and the Rippers badge!
In addition to the Fun Badges noted above, you can also unlock the following "activity" badges on your phone each time you take basic actions on the app, such as setting up your profile, checking into events and sessions, and posting pictures. The more you do, the more badges you collect!
Check-Ins (Live Activity Feed Posts)
Newbie (1 check-in)
Rookie (3 check-ins)
Explorer (5 check-ins)
Local (10 check-ins)
Wanderer (20 check-ins)
Searcher (30 check-ins)
Scout (40 check-ins)
Voyager (50 check-ins)
Polaroid (1 photo)
Photo Buff (3 photos)
Photographer (5 photos)
Photojournalist (10 photos)
Shutterbug (15 photos)
Paparazzi (20 photos)
Photolog (30 photos)
History Maker (40 photos)
Director (50 photos)
* Requires Internet connectivity