Plenty of “Can-Con” at the 2012 International Conference
(Mar. 20, 2012) It could be argued that you go to a conference to learn things outside of your normal frame of reference, but that approach would be short-changing all the terrific things we Canadians can (and do!) learn from each other.
To date, more than 800 of your Canadian colleagues, friends and mentors have registered to attend AFP 2012 Vancouver. So at this year’s international conference, make time for some “true north strong and free” program activities – you won’t be sorry that you did! In fact, why not tweet about it? Conference participants and organizers will be following the conversation at #afpmeet or #afpwhatdrivesme.
The ‘Great One’ speaks
Wayne Gretzy headlines as a keynote speaker for one of the many exciting general sessions. You know him as the greatest professional ice hockey player of all-time but this home-grown celebrity also works with several charities to advance causes across North America.
He established the Wayne Gretzky Foundation in 2007 to help disadvantaged young people throughout North America participate in hockey. He serves as Honorary Chairman of Ronald McDonald Children’s Charities in Canada, and is an Athlete Ambassador and Honorary Member of the Board of Trustees of Right to Play, an athlete
Some session presenters
- Fraser Green and Rory Green speak on Connecting with the 3-D Donor.
- Brent Buechler and Jocelyne Daw speak on The Evolution of Cause Marketing.
- Shaun Lynch presents You’re never too small for sponsorship!
- Vivian Smith presents Special Events: Their Value to the Fund Development Program
- Debora Linehan and Faye Wightman are participating in Diversity Session: Corporate and Foundation Funders are Looking for Diversity, Are You?
- Rosemary Oliver presents Donor Retention
- Guy Mallabone presents How high is up?
- Tania Little presents How to use mind-mapping to break-out of your strategic planning rut
- Jon Duschinsky presents Creating a Movement to Transform Your Cause
- Mary Deacon speaks on Developing the most effective nonprofit-corporate relationship
- Susan Storey and Mark Blumberg speak on fundraising Compliance and ethical issues for Canadian registered charities
- Greg Douglas, Michael Johnston and Harvey McKinnon present How to knock down silos with a hammer
- Jon Duschinsky and Tony Myers present (Me)volution – The greatest journey you will ever take
...and The Party!
Don’t forget to RSVP your attendance at the Red and White Reception, hosted by all 16 Canadian Chapters for Canadian members attending this year’s conference.
Location: The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Room: Pacific Ballroom
Date: Sunday, April 1st, 2012
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
See you in Vancouver!
Related AFP ResourcesAn Attendee’s Guide to the AFP International Conference on Fundraising
AFP International Conference: A Refresher in Skills and Spirit
Planning, Learning and Igniting: Filling the Conference Gap for Cause Innovation
We Crossed the “Bridge” and Found a Ton of Nonprofit Takeaways on The Other Side
Follow an AFP Diversity Fellowship Winner’s Blog as He Encourages YOU to Set a Big Hairy Audacious Goal