AFP SK, Regina Chapter
The Regina & Area Chapter was founded in 2001 and serves the city of Regina along with communities in Southern Saskatchewan. Chapter dues are $50. For more information, please contact Michelle Anna Okere at email@example.com P: (306) 751-4750 EXT 759 or visit the chapter’s website at: http://afpregina.afpnet.org.
Mission: AFP Regina & Area serves as an association of professionals throughout southern Saskatchewan that works to advance philanthropy by enabling people and organizations to practice effective and ethical fundraising.
- Integrity: We work to uphold the values of philanthropy by acting with the highest of honestly and honour in all that we do. This commitment to integrity is witnessed through our words, actions, and beliefs.
- Inclusiveness: We recognize that the strength of philanthropy comes from the belief that a better world is created when we are inclusive for all. We strive to ensure our members and partners know that their ideas, beliefs and needs are valued and that their participation is essential to success.
- Ethical: We commit to the highest of ethical standards and principals in every aspect of our work, to develop and maintain a solid foundation of public trust. We guard against abuses that can occur and provide a process to address all ethical concerns.
- Professionalism: Fundraising is a profession. As fundraisers, we conduct ourselves and our business in manner that exemplifies a high standard of professional practices while promoting and enhancing philanthropy and volunteerism.
- Membership: We strive to build and serve a strong and engaged membership
- Education & Training: We provide opportunities for members to access and receive quality and meaningful education and training in the areas of fundraising, philanthropy and personal development
- Community Profile: We strive to be the recognized leaders in professional fundraising in southern Saskatchewan
- Effectiveness: We function as an effective, proactive and innovate organization that continually strives to improve services to its members
Services and Events
- Serve professional fundraisers in their continuing education through audio and educational conferences
- Plan and execute National Philanthropy Day celebrations and awards
- Provide professional development scholarships
- Maintain and grow the resource lending library at the Regina Public Library
- Provide professional accreditation, Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) and Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive (ACFRE)
- Promote the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice and Donor Bill of Rights
- Offer mentoring opportunities for new fundraisers
- Provide leadership opportunities
- Serve as the collective voice for fundraisers in Southern Saskatchewan and as a liaison with other AFP chapters across Canada