AFP SK, Saskatoon Chapter
History: The Saskatoon Chapter was founded in 1999 and serves the city of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada and surrounding area. Dues are $80. For more information, contact our membership chair, Megan Cantwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (306) 361-1133.
Please visit our chapter website: http://afpsaskatoon.afpnet.org.
Mission: AFP Saskatoon Chapter, an association of professionals based in Saskatoon, advances philanthropy by enabling people and organizations to practice effective and ethical fundraising.
- Promoting ethical fundraising
- Providing access to relevant research and information
- Providing professional fundraising education
- Supporting the sharing of knowledge and skills among members
- Enabling and promoting the AFP credentialing process
- POWER Luncheons
- AFP First Course and Survey Courses
- Philanthropy Day Celebrations
- resource lending library
- Provide professional accreditation, Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) and Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive (ACFRE)
- Promote the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice and Donor Bill of Rights.
- Support new fundraisers through a mentoring program
- Support individuals who otherwise would not have access to educational opportunities due to financial constraints through a bursary and scholarship program
Organization: The AFP Saskatoon Chapter is a volunteer run organization. Its current President is Jen Pederson CFRE. There are standing Committees in the areas of Programming, Communications, Government Relations, Ethics Education, Membership, and Diversity and Youth. We also collaborate extensively with our fellow Canadian chapters in Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Victoria.
- Recognized as the fastest growing chapter in 2000 and 2012
- Growing membership-we now have over 45 members