AFP ON, Greater Toronto Chapter
Histoire: Le Chapitre Greater Toronto a été fondé en 1970. Les frais d'adhésions sont $80. Pour en savoir plus, contactez Cynthia Quigley, Chapter Administrator à (416) 941-9212, email@example.com.
- One of the largest chapters in Canada with over 1,000 members.
- The fourth-largest AFP chapter in North America.
- Affiliate of International Society of Fund Raising Executives.
Mission: Philanthropy is voluntary action for the common good and is a necessary element of civic betterment. The AFP, an international individual member association, advances philanthropy through education, training and advocacy based on research, a code of ethical principles and standards of professional practice. AFP members and affiliates enable people and organizations to better service diverse communities and society as a whole.
- Serve professional fundraisers in their continuing education through an annual Fundraising Congress with international involvement, May Fundraising Day, speaker luncheons, regular newsletters, and a resource lending library.
- Provide professional accreditation, Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) and Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive (ACFRE).
- Promote the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice and Donor Bill of Rights.
- Support new fundraisers through a mentoring program.
- Support individuals who otherwise would not have access to educational opportunities due to financial constraints through a bursary program.
Target: Individuals responsible for generating philanthropic support for charitable organizations.
- Office in Toronto; two full-time staff.
- 16 volunteer board members from Metro Toronto charities.
- Collaboration with chapters in Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Victoria.
- Recognized for industrywide standards for fundraising.
- Recognized as the fastest growing chapter from 1996 to 1998.
- Growing membership with over 100 newcomers each year.
- Recognized for providing the "gold standard" of educational development.
- Annual revenue of $600,000 from membership fees, educational events, sponsorships, and foundation grants.
AFP Greater Toronto Chapter offers monthly workshops, luncheons and audioconferences. The Chapter holdes two annual conferences: Fundraising Day and Congress.
For information about upcoming events, please visit the Chapter's website: www.afptoronto.org.