AFP Awards Materials Available Online—Submit Your Nominations Today!
(May 25, 2011) The 2011-2012 nomination materials for AFP's international awards program are now available online.
AFP has revised its awards program into the three categories: The Awards for Philanthropy and Awards for Service nominations are due Friday, July 15, 2011, and the Awards for Excellence in Fundraising nominations are due Friday, September 30, 2011.
This year nominations will be submitted directly via the AFP website, and nomination forms and criteria pages are available online. Simply click the link for the award category of your choice, fill in the requested data, including responses to the criteria, and click the "Submit" button on the form. Your completed nomination will appear as a PDF attachment in an email to NaTanya Lott at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send the e-mail and you're done!
Note: If you experience trouble with the dynamic PDF form and/or Submit button, please contact NaTanya Lott at email@example.com.
AFP is also excited to announce two new service awards: the Award for Outstanding Media Outlet in Service to Philanthropy and the Award for Outstanding Public Policy Advocate in Service to Philanthropy. These awards recognize a media outlet or individual-and a publicly elected official or public agencystaff member-that has made a significant impact on fundraising and philanthropy.
See the nomination booklet for complete details about the Awards for Service and AFP's full range of awards.
Awards for Philanthropy
AFP offers a number of different awards for exemplary work in philanthropy and fundraising. These include AFP's Awards for Philanthropy, which include the following categories below. Nominations for the Awards for Philanthropy are due on July 15 and must be submitted online. No supporting documentation is allowed, only the answers to the questions and criteria that are found on the nomination form.
- CCS Award for Outstanding Fundraising Professional
- Changing Our World/Simms Awards for Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy: Ages 5-17 and 18-23
- Freeman Philanthropic Services Award for Outstanding Corporation
- Award for Outstanding Foundation
- Award for Outstanding Philanthropist
- Award for Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser
Awards for Service
AFP also offers other awards for outstanding work in service to AFP, the fundraising profession and all of philanthropy. In addition to the new awards for outstanding achievements by a media outlet and public policy advocate, these awards include the ones below.
- Award for Outstanding Media Outlet in Service to Philanthropy
- Award for Outstanding Public Policy in Service to Philanthropy
- Barbara Marion Award for Outstanding Leadership to AFP (recognizes an AFP member who demonstrates outstanding leadership and service to the association and/or its related entities, such as the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy)
- Charles R. Stephens Award for Excellence in Diversity (recognizes the year's most outstanding demonstration by an AFP chapter of leadership, creativity, and initiative in building diversity in membership or programming. One award is presented in each chapter size category)
Awards for Excellence in Fundraising
The Awards for Excellence in Fundraising are presented to nonprofit organizations' development departments or fundraising programs that have developed an innovative initiative, program or project design, or technique that has increased their donor base, increased the amount of funds raised, and improved their fundraising return on investment.
One award will be given in each of two categories based on organizational size. Unlike the other honors, nominations for the Awards for Excellence in Fundraising are due Sept. 30, and supporting materials are allowed. These are the only awards that must be submitted via regular mail.
More information about all of these awards can be found in the Attachments section below.