Award for Outstanding Fundraising Professional
This award honors an outstanding individual fundraising professional who works directly for a nonprofit, charitable organization.
AFP uses an online nomination system. All nominations MUST be submitted using this system.
Chapters can see past winning nominations here.
Before submitting, please read through all of the nomination information below, including eligibility requirements and criteria. Questions about the Award for Outstanding Fundraising Professional can be directed to email@example.com.
The nomination deadline is September 15, 2017, and the award will be presented at the 2018 AFP International Fundraising Conference in New Orleans, La., April 15 – 17.
The nominee must meet the following criteria to be considered for the award:
- The nominee must be a current AFP member in any category.
- The nominee must have a MINIMUM of 15 years of experience as a professional fundraiser working directly as an employee of a nonprofit, charitable organization (based on the date nominations are due, Sept. 15, 2017).
Nominees who meet those two criteria will then be considered for the award based on the responses to the following:
- For each organization where the nominee has held a significant fundraising position (not necessarily entry-level but that position can be included if important), provide description of (1) position and responsibilities; (2) specific projects and campaigns completed; (3) funds raised—actual number and percentage growth; and (4) IMPACT of the nominee’s work on the organization’s programs. (0-30 points)
- Provide description of the nominee’s leadership, such as development of new programs and departments, significant increases in return on fundraising investment, successful management of key programs, creating new organizational cultures and/or introduction of innovative and creative ideas, focusing on IMPACT. (0-25 points)
- Description of nominee’s commitment to AFP, its mission of advancing ethical fundraising and the fundraising profession, including demonstration that the nominee abides by and promotes the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards, the Donor Bill of Rights and similar principles. (0-15 points)
- Description of individual’s commitment to continuing professional development, including certification (CFRE or ACFRE, or equivalent certification), conference participation, publication and professional education. (0-15 points)
- Evidence of commitment to fundraising and philanthropy through voluntary service and financial support of nonprofit organizations. (0-15 points)
Note: The maximum number of words for the entire nomination is 2,000. This includes text for ALL of the criteria. Nominators are free to split up the words for each criterion however they like, but the total number of words should not exceed 2,000.
Judging and Presentation
The honoree for the Award for Outstanding Fundraising Professional will be selected by the AFP Awards Committee. The honoree will receive the award at the 2018 AFP International Conference in New Orleans, La., April 15 - 17, and will be recognized in AFP’s publications.
Nominations must be received using AFP’s online nomination system by Friday, September 15, 2017.