Barbara Marion Award for Outstanding Leadership to AFP
Barbara Marion, ACFRE, was the first woman to chair both AFP and the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy board of directors and provided leadership and service to the association in countless areas. This award, named in her honor, recognizes an AFP member who demonstrates outstanding leadership and service to the association and/or its related entities, such as the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy.
Last year, AFP introduced its new online nomination system. All nominations MUST be submitted using this system.
Before submitting, please read through all of the nomination information below, including eligibility requirements and criteria. The nomination deadline is Monday, August 15, 2016, and the award will be presented at this year’s Leadership Academy in October in Portland, Ore.
Questions about the Barbara Marion Award for Outstanding Leadership to AFP, as well as the nomination process, can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nominee must meet the following criteria to be considered for the award:
- The nominee must be a current AFP member in any category.
- The nominee must have been an AFP member for a minimum of 15 years (based on the date nominations are due: Monday, August 15, 2016).
- The application must be signed an AFP chapter president.
Nominees who meet those two criteria will then be considered for the award based on the responses to the following:
1) Evidence and description in detail of leadership the nominee has provided to build, advance and promote AFP:
- Primary Criteria: Activities and leadership on the regional, national and international levels.
- Secondary Criteria: Activities and leadership on the chapter level.
2) Evidence and description in detail of the nominee’s involvement in the creation, development, training, teaching and/or mentoring of programs, campaigns, initiatives and projects that help advance and improve AFP and its members (e.g., membership, continuing education, certification, ethics, government relations, public relations, etc.).
3) Evidence and description in detail of how the nominee encourages others to take leadership roles while also serving as a team player and as a role model for others in practicing core values of the association (e.g., promotes the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards, achieves certification, committed to continuing education, etc.).
4) Evidence and description in detail of the nominee’s voluntary service and financial support to AFP, the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy and/or other appropriate bodies.
Note: The maximum number of words for the entire nomination is 2,000. This includes text for ALL of the criteria. Nominators are free to split up the words for each criterion however they like, but the total number of words should not exceed 2,000.
Judging and Presentation
The honoree for the Barbara Marion Award for Outstanding Leadership to AFP will be selected by the AFP Awards Committee. The honoree will receive the award at the AFP Leadership Academy in October in portland, Ore. and will be recognized in AFP’s publications.
Nominations must be received using AFP’s online nomination system by Monday, August 15, 2016.