About AFP Canada
With approximately 3,500 members residing in Canada, AFP is dedicated to promoting and advancing the cause of its Canadian members. AFP supports Canadian members in 19 Chapters, and provides essential leadership to Canada’s robust charitable sector. Read more.
Latest Canada News:
• CRA’s Report on the Charities Program 2015-2016
• Comments on the CRA's Guidelines on Political Activities of Charities
• UPDATE: Fellowship in Inclusion and Philanthropy Program
• 23 Greatest Legacy Hits from 2016 AFP Congress
• Government Relations Update: Political Activity Consultations Still Underway
• Inclusion and Philanthropy: Fellows Recognized at AFP Toronto Congrvolved?
• 2016 National Philanthropy Day in Canada
• AFP Youth in Philanthropy Curriculum Launched in Calgary
• The Value of Government Relations - The Secret is Out!
• Canada New Horizons Context Paper: English | French
• Online National Job Posting Program Now Available
About AFP Foundation—Canada
As the philanthropic arm of AFP, the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy—Canada supports many programs and services through its highly successful Annual Fund, especially the Every Member Campaign, and other fundraising vehicles including Major Gifts, Planned Gifts and Endowments. Read more.
Latest AFP Foundation for Philanthropy—Canada News:
• Nominations Open For AFP Foundation for Philanthropy–Canada Board of Directors
• AFP’s Canadian National Scholarship Program – Apply Now!
• Study Results: Socially Responsible Investing
• Welcome to the 2016 Cohort of Inclusion and Philanthropy Program Fellows
• Fellowship in Inclusion and Philanthropy: Impact Report (English | French)
• AFP Foundation-Canada Releases Biennial Survey: What Canadian Donors Want
• [Infographic] AFP Foundation for Philanthropy—Canada: Your Gift at Work
• AFP Foundation for Philanthropy—Canada Provides Funding for Study on Responsible Investing by Charities
• Fellowship In Inclusion and Philanthropy Program - Please visit our website for more details and to apply to this exciting new program!nclusion
• Chapter Resources - To access various reports and opportunities for your chapter through the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada, please click here.
• Canada Government Relations Tool Kit: If You Build It They Will Come
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada is thankful to our many donors who allow us to make a difference for the fundraising profession in Canada. Please view this video (French version here) showcasing our work over the past couple of years.
Free Webinar Recordings—Presented By AFP Foundation for Philanthropy—Canada
• 2016 AFP Congress: How to Innovate With Confidence
• "What Donors Want" Webinar Recording (March 8, 2016)
• 2015 AFP Congress: Why Mobile Matters Now and What You Need Do About It
• AFP Banff Compass 2015 Webcast with June Bradham: Are You Ready for a Campaign?
• Friends in High Places—Why Your Success Depends on Government Relations
• The New Regulatory Regime for Social Enterprise in Canada
• Spam Law - Recent Legislation and its Impact on Canadian Fundraisers and Charities
• Tips, Techniques and Strategies for Speaking to Donors on the Phone!
AFP Canada Leadership Posts
A Great Adventure Ahead!
by Vivian Smith, CFRE, Vice Chair, AFP Membership Services Division
I sense a great adventure ahead. Our profession is becoming recognised as a desirable and fulfilling career, and the Association of Fundraising Professionals is leading the way in convening conversations about the sector and the role philanthropy plays in strengthening community. Read more.
AFP Canadian Council Website Welcome
by Karen Mercier, CFRE, AFP Canadian Council Chair
The AFP Canadian Council was established to support the mission and strategic objectives of AFP in Canada and includes membership from fundraising professionals from across the country. It serves to work in partnership, and not replicate, the roles and activities of the Canadian AFP Chapters and AFP International. Read more.
AFP Canada Research and Resources
REPORT: 2014 Fundraising Technology Trends Study
(Dec. 10, 2014) In this recent report released by Find Accounting Software, 142 Canadian and U.S. fundraisers were surveyed about their use of technology. Find out what they had to say about growing contributions and how they described their software management platforms, communication channels, and payment acceptance methods.
The Blackbaud Index-Canada
(Apr. 16, 2014) Building on The Blackbaud Index, Blackbaud has now launched The Blackbaud Index-Canada to track charitable giving to the Canadian nonprofit sector, whichrepresents one of the country’s biggest industries.
What Canadian Donors Want: Information, Impact and to Help Those in Need
(Feb. 3, 2014) The 2013 What Canadian Donors Want Survey of more than 1,000 donors across Canada, found that more Canadians than ever are knowledgeable about charities and researching before they give, but many are not sure about the impact their gifts are having. Get a full breakdown of the survey, including six fact sheets on the various aspects of the survey in both English and French.
Ready Reference Guides Now Available in French
(Feb. 3, 2014) Attention French Canadian fundraisers: translation of AFP’s popular Ready Reference Series in underway. Four new guides have been posted with more on the way!
Canada Public Policy and Advocacy
Canada Anti-Spam Legislation Talking Points in English and French
(Aug. 20, 2014) Canada’s new (and complicated) Anti-Spam Legislation, which came into force on July 1, applies to commercial electronic messages that are either sent from, or accessed on, a computer system in Canada. AFP urges you to contact members of Parliament and Senators to exempt electronic communications sent by, or on behalf of, registered charities, or at least provide clear and consistent interpretations for registered charities. To help in these efforts, we’ve armed you with talking points in English and French!
New Canadian Budget Supports Online Charity Registration, Modernization of Lotteries
(Feb. 12, 2014) Budget 2014, introduced yesterday, including a number of measures impacting Canada's charities. Despite reports otherwise, there were no specific measures targeting the political activities of Canadian charities. There are, however, new provisions that will affect and enhance the way charities work—see a breakdown from AFP's government relation's consultant here.
New AFP Public Awareness Communications Tool Kit
(Feb. 3, 2014) When is the best time to make a call to a government official? What is the role of a Minister of State? How do you gain the respect of a parliamentarian? Find these answers and more in the new Public Awareness Communications tool kit, now available to all AFP Canada members.
Download English | Download French
Follow AFP Canada
Be sure to follow AFP Canada on Facebook, and be sure to use the hashtag #AFPCanada when posting to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Find Your AFP Canada Chapter
Most AFP members also belong to the nearest local chapter—the heart of AFP networking and mentoring. If you're not a member, use this feature to find a nearby chapter and get acquainted!
AFP AB, Calgary & Area Chapter
AFP AB, Central Alberta Chapter
AFP AB, Edmonton & Area Chapter
AFP AB, Southern Chapter
AFP BC, Okanagan Chapter
AFP BC, Vancouver Chapter
AFP BC, Vancouver Island Chapter
AFP MB, Manitoba Chapter
AFP NB, New Brunswick Chapter
AFP NF, Newfoundland & Labrador Chapter
AFP NS, Cape Breton Chapter
AFP NS, Nova Scotia Chapter
AFP ON, Canada South Chapter
AFP ON, Golden Horseshoe Chapter
AFP ON, Greater Toronto Chapter
AFP ON, Ottawa Chapter
AFP ON, South Eastern Ontario Chapter
AFP QC, Quebec Chapter
AFP SK, Regina Chapter
AFP SK, Saskatoon Chapter