Get Social with AFP
The AFP Blog
January 18, 2017 —
100 Years of Giving DC Fly-In Day is Feb. 16!
January 04, 2017 —
Ringing in 2017 With Certainty in Uncertain Times
December 21, 2016 —
Find Us Also On:
AFP Strategic Partners
The AFP office will be closed on Inauguration Day, Friday, January 20. We apologize for any inconvenience.
• 100 Years of Giving DC Fly-In Day is Feb. 16!
• Q&A with the 2017 Outstanding Foundation, the Rotary Foundation
• What's Top of Mind for Fundraisers in 2017?
• Russell Raker, Father of the ACFRE Program, Passes Away
• Shiza Shahid Announced as Keynote Speaker at International Fundraising Conference
• AFP Canada Board of Directors 2017 Nominations
• Canada: AFP Submits Comments on Political Activities by Charities
• Charitable Giving Coalition Sends Letter to President-Elect Trump
• AFP Announces Young Professionals Honor
• AFP Disaster Relief Page: Southeastern US Wildfires, Aceh Earthquake
• AFP’s 2016 State of the Sector Review Is Now Available!
• 2017 AFP Webinars Now Available!
• Join AFP in Celebrating National Philanthropy Day 2016: Videos & Resources!
• Free Webinar Recording for Members: Averting the Crisis in Nonprofit Leadership
• Six Members Part of AFP’s First Class of Distinguished Fellows
• Nominate a Colleague for the AFP Outstanding Fundraising Professional Award
• Ann Hale to Serve as AFP Chair for 2017
• Community Hero: Incredible Youth Inspires Philanthropy in Alaska
• Philanthropy in Action! See What's Happening In Your Communities!
• AFP 2016 Compensation and Benefits Report: US | Canada
• Next Webinar (1/30): Building a High Revenue Major Gift Program
• Fellowship in Inclusion and Philanthropy: Impact Report
• 2016 Fundraising Effectiveness Survey Report
• This Week's Top Ten: Cultivating a Culture of Philanthropy, Storytelling, More
• How to Successfully Transition From Fundraising Generalist to Major Gifts Officer
• Aligning Assets with Mission: Responsible Investing for Charities
• An Introduction to Impact Investing
• Big Gifts for Social Justice Warriors: Where Are the Major Donors?
• #DonorLove: A Perfect Imperfection
• Despite Uncertainty, Philanthropy Must Persist
• New Study Reveals Positive Giving and Volunteering Forecasts
• Building a Holistic Approach to Grant Seeking
• Avoid these Major Missteps when Asking for Major Gifts: Part 1 | Part 2
• How Nonprofits can Steward More Donors with Stories
• New FEP Research Sheds Light on Donor Retention
• Keeping Volunteers Engaged
• North Park University Offers Tuition Discount to Members
January 19, 2017 - AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course: Toronto, ON
January 19, 2017 - AFP-NM Monthly Meeting: Living a Life of Gratefulness!
Join Us In SF for three days of listening, learning and laughter among the greatest thought-leaders in international fundraising and philanthropy. You’ll come away inspired, invigorated and more certain than ever that fundraising is the hardest job you’ll ever love! Registration is now open!
October 12-14, 2017
In its eleventh year, the 2017 AFP Leadership Academy is a two and a half day event featuring advanced leadership development opportunities and AFP chapter management training, designed to enrich your career. There are an abundance of networking experiences available giving you the opportunity to share best practices with your colleagues. We look forward to seeing you in Cincinnati, Ohio, in October!
The AFP Webinar Series brings the experts to you! Train your whole office with no travel expense or time away from the office. All you need is either a computer with Internet access to join in on the Webconference or a speakerphone to participate as an Audioconference via a toll-free number. You can watch the presentation, submit questions and participate in audience polls!
It All Comes Down to This: Making the Ask to People Who Can Make a Difference for Your Cause!
Main Magazine Page
Your AFP Member Benefit
The AFP Ethics Assessment Inventory™ (EAI) Tool
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is proud to launch its first-ever self-assessment tool. The AFP Ethics Assessment Inventory™ (EAI) is a new benefit of AFP membership, available online for voluntary use. Test your ethics now!See More Benefits of AFP Membership!
AFP 2017 International Conference
Join us in SF for three days of listening, learning and laughter among the greatest thought-leaders in international fundraising and philanthropy. You’ll come away inspired, invigorated and more certain than ever that fundraising is the hardest job you’ll ever love! Registration is now open!